Fmk Consulting are looking for a ambitious and energetic Category Manager looking to relocate to Spain for a fantastic opportunity to join a successful Spanish exporter.
Our client is a thriving Spanish company that focus on exporting fruit and vegetables to Scandinavia and Baltic countries. They are one of the biggest Scandinavian fresh produce players- therefore it is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to enhance their experience and begin a new career in the Industry.
This role will be based in Catalonia, Spain.
They are growing at a extremely rapid rate and due to this continued expansion, they are on the hunt for experienced candidates to continue the success!Their team is a multinational team, consisting of people from 8 different countries, with very different back grounds.
In general, the Category Manager will be responsible of buying and selling of given category
- Planning, selecting and purchasing all articles of the category that are sold to clients or that can be sold to clients
- Source new (within category) and review existing goods
- Ensure we remain competitive
- Developing category by increasing sales, introducing new packings and articles
- Strengthening our knowledge regarding different varieties within the category
- Closing deals with clients and growers
- Selling his/her category articles to all clients
- Improving client and grower database by adding new ones.
- Maintaining client database and grower database
- Ensures the articles appears on right time and in right quantities to client’s warehouses.
- Ensures that produce is available for our clients from the very beginning till the very end of season
- Ensures we have enough growers/product, that can fulfill all our volume needs
- Is update with market situation (prices, availability, quality, promotion times) to close best possible deals
- In case of quality problems upon arrival makes sure that all required information is correctly passed to growers and they understand nature of problem, follow up the issue and close it as soon as possible
- Fixes Account sales problems with grower (at first this situation must not appear, the information to grower must be passed in such a way so grower is aware of what kind of results he must expect)
- Perform grower/client satisfaction survey every 3 months (if grower/client is happy with us)
- Responsible of margins generated by the category
- Regular visits to growers and clients
- Evaluate growers/clients on regular basis and based on evaluation results continue or stop with a grower/client.
Ideally, the successful candidates would have a minimum 2 years of Experience in Fruit / vegetable sector
You would speak minimum English, which is their spoken language in the office. However, Spanish would be naturally very helpful at the moment of living in Spain.
This could be a fantastic opportunity for someone to relocate to Spain and start a career in a thriving company!
Salary should be based on the experience of the candidate.
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0)7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role in more detail.
Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company