Our client is a highly respected fresh food business based in Kent. Due to recent success, they are looking for a Category Manager to join their team in Kent to drive both the product category and company business with a strong passion for delivering innovation.
The new role of Category Manager will report to the Head of Sales and collaborate with and support the Sales and NPD teams in implementing a successful category strategy. In this hands-on role they will have responsibility for developing and driving the success of a creative, innovative and profitable category.
This person will be a key member of the Commercial team and will be responsible for providing key consumer and category insight and consumer led marketing within their specific areas.
You will be responsible for pulling and analysing data, creating category reviews, preparing retailer presentations, reviewing category trends and developing category management reports.
You will also provide category management support, development and NPD to the National Account Managers in order to meet the retailers objectives.
- Work with the wider team (including Account Manager’s, NPD Coordinator, and other company Category Manager’s) to develop new category initiatives, NPD, conduct & then implement range reviews where appropriate.
- Managing the category relationship with all customers and drive the internal agenda for the category
- Identifying shopper insight from multiple data and research sources to drive the development of the category and sales through the point of purchase
- Establish and execute market development strategies by channel and retail account.
- Work closely with the sales and NPD teams to drive category growth
- Develop plans to grow sales and profitability of the categories
- Plan and advise on category activity and strategy direction
- Undertake research and analyse market/category/product data to gain category shopper insights
- Understand the marketplace and respond to opportunities and threats as they arise
- Monitor trends in competitor companies and react where appropriate
- Seek new commercial initiatives with potential to increase sales and profitability
- Inform relevant parties on new products, new market news and overall market performance in a structured format
- Revenue Gains form NPD,New Distribution and overall increased category sales
- Overall improved profit mix from category gains both existing products and NPD
- share of customer’s vs previous year
- Increased store distribution
- Increase or maintain market share of key categories
Key Skill and Experience Requirements
- Excellent understanding of Dunnhumby and other market data such as IRI
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills
- Commercial understanding and excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding role and to deadlines
- Able to represent the company strongly both internally and externally
- Creative and strategic Thinking
- Working knowledge of retailer requirements
- Were appropriate use of fact based sales and market data to justify NPD
- Strong team and work ethic
- Goal orientated/ driven
- Well organised and clear ways of working
Other Role Requirements
- Travel to other Company or customer off-site meeting locations will be required from time to time
The ideal candidate might have held the role of Category Manager, Category Marketing Manager, Category Analyst or Marketing Manager.
If you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company