Our clients are a successful family owned Fresh Produce business based in Kent. They are continuously growing and have a reputation for innovation and quality products. They are growers and packers of English Top and Stone Fruit and predominately supply the UK Supermarkets and are currently looking for a Fork Lift Operator.
Safe, efficient and accurate controls of the MHE, making sure deliveries of pallets to the line are made in time
• Performing routine checks and inspection of forklift equipment.
• Assigning and supervising the work of forklift operators.
• Make sure to meet deadlines for transfer of goods and materials.
• Coordinating with warehouse managers for the unloading and loading of goods & packaging
• Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operators.
• Handling records of the weight, labels and tags of all lifted goods.
• Managing all inventory records.
• Ensuring the cleanliness and smooth operation and handling of materials during transfer.
• Maintaining records of damaged goods and material.
• Conducting regular training and exercises for forklift operators.
• Evaluating the work and performance of forklift operators.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures, at all times
• Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Warehouse Manager
• FLT licence
• Excellent teamwork and leadership skills.
• Skills to effectively manage time and meet necessary targets.
• Knowledge and capacity to efficiently delegate work.
• Analytical and operational skills and the skills to adapt in a fast pace work setting.
• Utmost professionalism and confidentiality at all times
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Enthusiasm, self-confidence and self-motivated
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to use initiative ad be pro-active
• Results focused
• Open to sharing new ideas and methodology
• Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and drive to continually improve
• Strong degree of flexibility within a multi targeted environment
• Warehouse pick & pack operations experience
• Stocktaking experience Barcoding Operations
• Good IT skills mainly (Excel, Word & Outlook e-mails
Key Result Areas
This job brief forms part of your Contract of Employment. It is by no means exhaustive and covers only the salient points of your responsibilities.
Please contact Frank, Georgina or Emma to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company