Fmk Consulting are looking for a ambitious and energetic Fresh Produce Buyer looking to relocate to Spain for a fantastic opportunity to join a successful Spanish exporter.
Our client is a thriving Spanish company that focus on exporting fruit and vegetables to Scandinavia and Baltic countries. They are one of the biggest Scandinavian fresh produce players- therefore it is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to enhance their experience and begin a new career in the Industry.
This role will be based in Catalonia, Spain.
They are growing at a extremely rapid rate and due to this continued expansion, they are on the hunt for more people to join their buying and sales teams! Their team is a multinational team, consisting of people from 8 different countries, with very different back grounds.
Our client serves the Retail, Food Service and Wholesale sectors Scandinavia and Baltic countries, with other customers around the world including the UK (But their main focus is Scandinavia and Baltic). They work with seasonal products from Spain and with all their products and work in several different quality levels in order to find the right quality/price level for each individual customer.
– Responsible of sourcing and buying of given articles/areas
– Maintaining good relation with suppliers
– Ensures we have enough growers/product, that can fulfill all our volume needs
– Continuously finding new growers, products and varieties and selecting the best that suits our system/requirements
– Ensures that we have produce always available, with correct price and required quality.
– Ensures that produce is available for our clients from the very beginning till the very end of season
– Strengthening our knowledge regarding different varieties within the category
– Updating key account managers on regular basis regarding situation at origin (prices, shortage, promotions, quality problems)
– Prepares a season summary before the season is starting, explaining how the coming season looks alike production and quality wise, expected volumes, prevision of sizes, starting week, ending week etc.
– Prepares a season summary end of season explaining how the season in reality went
– Preparing buying analysis on weekly basis, focusing on if all articles are sold to all clients and based on analysis come up with ideas where and what can be improved to increase sales
– In case of quality problems upon arrival makes sure that all required information is correctly passed to growers and they understand nature of problem, follow up the issue and close it as soon as possible
– Evaluate growers on regular basis and based on evaluation results continue or stop with a grower.
– Fixes Account sales problems with grower (at first this situation must not appear, the information to grower must be passed in such a way so grower is aware of what kind of results he must expect)
– Maintain balance between clients and growers
– Perform grower satisfaction survey every 3 months (if grower is happy with us)
– Regular visits with growers
Ideally, the successful candidates would have a minimum 2 years of Experience in Fruit / vegetable sector
You would speak minimum English, which is their spoken language in the office. However, Spanish would be naturally very helpful at the moment of living in Spain.
This could be a fantastic opportunity for someone to relocate to Spain and start a career in a thriving company!
Salary should be based on the experience of the candidate.
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0)7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role in more detail.
Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company