A leading Fresh Produce company are looking for a Technologist to join their thriving and continuously growing company in West London.
This is a great chance to join a large successful company as a vital member of the Technical Team
This is for a Maternity Cover for 12 months, possibly permanent depending.
To proactively meet all customer technical requirements, developing and maintaining strong relationships with all key customers and suppliers. The role requires a thorough understanding of the entire supply chain from supplier through to the final customer ensuring that all required due diligence is established and maintained. Building and maintaining strong relationships with the business commercial, procurement and Quality teams is an essential requirement of the role.
- Provide front line response to technical queries from customers by direct liaison and effective communication.
- Initiate any response to a customer query or rejection ensuring an effective response that protects and maintains our reputation for quality and consistent high standards.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate communication structure for all suppliers, business associates and customers.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with customers including day to day, visits and audits.
- Ensure that all suppliers within the scope of the role are working to all required standards of due diligence.
- Accurate and timely completion, communication and follow up of all KPI trackers.
- Ensure that supplier pesticide residue testing programs are carried out, recorded and communicated as necessary to ensure due diligence and all customer requirements.
- Monitor and support ethical / Sedex trackers for all suppliers within the scope of the role.
- Using effective communication, ensure that all standards required by customers are agreed, implemented and maintained.
- Advise suppliers of the standards and systems required for ongoing supplier approval.
- Participate in customer new product development throughout the supply chain including critical pathway for product, format and packaging.
- Maintain and develop electronic data entry systems to ensure ongoing relevance and accuracy.
- Coordinate customer samples when required.
- Provide expert technical feedback regarding varieties, sourcing and seasonal variation coupled with a sound understanding of the marketplace.
- Participate in key technical, procurement, operations and sales meetings ensuring that any requirement arising is accurately acted upon in a timely manner.
- Develop and ensure the ongoing accuracy of customer, quality or procurement specifications as required by the role.
- Ensure that electronically held data is up to date, relevant and accurate with any superseded document archived as necessary.
- Play a key role within the technical team developing the ability to support and provide cover across the remit of the role.
- Educated to QCF level 4 – 5 in a relevant academic discipline.
- Work experience within a technical function within a food company, ideally fresh produce.
- Advanced abilities using the Microsoft package and all electronic data management systems.
- Strong communication skills developed from working directly with a demanding customer base.
- A job and finish attitude is essential with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Fluent English both written and verbal.
- Additional languages would be advantageous.
- Must be flexible to travel to other UK sites and suppliers.
- A full UK driving licence is required.
The hours are 8am-5.30pm Monday to Friday – + 1 in 4 either a Saturday or Sunday morning.
If you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company