Overall responsibility for the agronomy on all farms
Reporting to the Managing Director
Based at Head Office (Nairobi) and out in the field
Our client are growers and one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from Kenya and the largest commercial grower and exporter of chillies from Kenya. They are committed to provide quality products which redefine what innovative, healthy and delicious vegetables should be. Our client also entered the floriculture industry in 2011 and in 2012 began exporting roses to the Netherlands, Great Britain, Germany, the Middle East and other markets. In a relatively short time they have built a considerable reputation in the Kenyan flower industry mainly due to high quality products, modern facilities and commitment and dedication of a professional team.
- Coordinating crop protection and nutrition programs for all farms.
- Coordinating implementation of Global GAP and other market standards in the production process of farms to ensure good quality and markets’ conforming products.
- Attending to produce quality issues / complaints pertaining to field production processes.
- Update field quality manual when necessary.
- Coordinating and carrying out of internal audits on various standards (Global GAP, TN10, F2F, environmental audits etc).
- Organising for and facilitating external audits for the farms and out growers on the above standards.
- Monitoring and confirming farms planting programs.
- Confirmation of the farms production predictions.
- Preparation and facilitating of various farm schedules, (Audit schedules, Field testing/ analysis schedules, staff training schedules etc.)
- Co-ordinate sampling (taking samples for tests analysis) and disseminating the samples results.
- Coordinating trials for new input products, crop varieties, technologies, research for new better production systems etc.
- Building up of skilled workforce for the field’s production units through recruitment and training. Prepare and/ or review job descriptions for field staffs.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the Job Holder will be expected to carry out any duties as required by their respective Manager and the needs of the customer.
Please apply by sending me a copy of your CV (and cover letter if you prefer) to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) or email@example.com (*not co.uk or com)
Or please feel free to call the office and speak with Georgina or Frank on+44 (0)1273 720 599 to discuss the role, company and / or your experience.