A leading Fresh Produce company are looking for a National Account Executive to join their thriving and continuously growing company in Warwickshire.
To support the Commercial Department and National Account Controller with the daily management and development of a number of key retail accounts, managing a portfolio of fruit and/or vegetable products.
- Liaison with customers on daily issues & co-ordination with internal departments.
- Develop strong relationships with key individuals in identified strategic accounts, as well as good networking skills across the account & industry
- To monitor, be aware of and report on our business performance in terms of growth, service levels and quality management.
- Monitor and analyse account EPOS, market information and competitor trends where relevant
- Track and report against internal & customers targets
- Responsibility for accurate account forecasting, working closely with the operations team to ensure consistent delivery against service level targets
- Regularly review account listings, distribution and performance
- Develop an in depth understanding of the specific market sector- through analysis of the retail offer and of competitor activity. Regular benchmarking a key factor.
- Work closely with the relevant product technologist, to be aware of technical issues pertaining to the customer and to guide the technical development to assist in the forwarding of commercial objectives.
- To undertake sales administration cover as and when required, which may mean temporarily changing your working pattern to meet business need.
- Ensuring all administration procedures are followed and good practice is maintained.
- To contribute as a member of the sales team to the development of the department strategy and that of the total business.
- To understand and evaluate the supply chain and support value engineering initiatives.
- Educated to QCF 4 – 5 in an academic discipline ideally with at least 1 year relevant retail facing experience
- Proven FMCG experience.
- IT literate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Strong negotiator with strong influencing skills.
- Ability to successfully influence and persuade.
- Flexible, resilient and adaptable .
- Enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative .
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Fluent English – Both written & verbal.
- Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial
- Flexibility to travel to all site – London and Warwickshire
- Travel to UK customers Head office
The hours are Monday to Friday 8am-5pm and 1 in 3 Saturday or Sunday mornings to cover the weekend rota
If you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company