Excellent opportunity to join one of the country’s leading fresh produce businesses who have an excellent reputation and track record in their sector. They are looking for an established and effective National Account Manager to join their growing company in Kent.
They have a well established fresh produce business and have experienced huge growth with their major supermarket customers. Due to this recent success, they are looking for a experienced National Account Manager to join their dynamic team
- To manage the day to day relationships with some of our client’s major customers
- Maintain and develop existing and new key relationships.
- To deliver projected product sales and volume growth.
- To take every opportunity to explore sales opportunities to maximise the potential for sales growth and achievement of increased volumes.
- To ensure a comprehensive working knowledge of pricing parameters for all product ranges and varieties.
- Develop customer business plans in line with the company / customer strategy.
- To liaise with sales and procurement teams involved in sales activity function and processes.
- To work across multiple internal teams, collating and managing information to drive and exceed sales expectations.
- To work with IT & systems teams to ensure accurate input and maintenance of data
- To liaise with customers to ensure fulfilment of the highest levels of customer service.
Responsible for the development and achievement of increased sales growth.
- Explore opportunities to develop product lines and be in tune with customers through regular review and analysis of product ranges and qualities.
- Identify areas for sales potential and develop internal delivery plans. Instigate progress reviews and communicate findings.
Manage the cost price analysis process and procedures
- Develop & maintain an understanding of all aspects on price parameters, current, past & future to ensure awareness of the pricing structures that can be achieved for all product ranges & varieties.
- Ensure full and accurate implementation of pricing systems. Update systems as required.
Set and deliver the Customer Business Plan
- Develop and write customer business plan, agreeing anticipated activity/volume levels and store distribution levels by format
- Negotiate prices as when required with key focus on developing winter & summer pricing/ ranging.
- Ensure full and effective utilisation of cutting edge IT systems to ensure optimal provision of information.
- Track market share, articulate position and reasoning.
- Plan promotional activities if relevant, understand procurement availability and agree pricing structures.
Maintain an accurate awareness and working knowledge of stock levels.
- Identify and communicate requirements to adjust planned selling strategies i.e. reduce or increase planned stock movements.
Excel at all aspects of relationship management.
- Manage daily relationships with all interfacing personnel, to include, customers, buyers, procurement, technical, accounting and IT teams.
- Establish frequency of communication requirements and needs.
- Continually seek out ways and methods to improve communication processes. Propose and agree revised practices. Instigate reviews as required.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
- High standard of written and spoken English.
Specific Knowledge & Experience
Relevant knowledge and experience would include but is not limited to:
- At least 5 years Account Management at a national level.
- Experience of the fresh produce industry a preference but not essential & must be conversant with the workings of the multiples.
- Computer Literate.
- Receptiveness to change within fast moving industry.
Specific Skills & Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with internal & external personnel.
- Able to work within a team.
- Proven experience in sales negotiation and influencing key personnel.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Proven time management skills: Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines.
- Data inputting and analysis skills. Accustomed to working with and interpreting data.
- Accustomed to Problem Solving.
- IT skills – Good working knowledge of Microsoft office.
If you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company