Our client is proud to be in their fourth generation supplying quality fresh produce to both Retail and Wholesale. They are currently looking an individual to join their thriving Borough Market base.
• Seeking an individual to manage night operations who has the intelligence, initiative and determination to run the night team with autonomy
• You will be a night owl and able to work from 8pm to 5am in a demanding environment
• A generous remuneration will be offered, starting at £30,000
This company has people in their team who had never previously been involved in fresh produce. These individuals tend to share similar personality traits – typically, they are hardworking, have heaps of initiative and plenty of determination to achieve the best.
You’ll be tenacious and you’ll always try to go the extra mile for customers. Their business thrives on retention and inevitably you’ll be driven to succeed and will have a certain energy about you.
Some of the best managers in this field are those that come up through the sector, are able to constructively use their authority and have proven industry experience to match.
In your role, you will be:
• Able to effectively control & motivate a team
• Ensuring drivers are out on time, every time
• Taking orders off systems & buying direct from the English markets
• Checking all orders to ensure accuracy
• Scrutinizing presentation to keep orders aligned to company vision
• Monitoring warehouse cleanliness & controlling stock
And you will have:
• Experience in an operations/supply chain role within the food/produce industry
• An eagerness to make a real & positive impact
If you love the sector but want to approach it in a different way using your own unique methods, skill set and the desire to make a success of it with us, this is definitely an option you should investigate.
Borough Market is a lively, diverse and vibrant place with people working in the team from differing walks of business. The position will be varied to say the least. They supply all food businesses, from those serving simple pub fares, to highly coveted Michelin starred establishments. They operate with a very flat structure, with direct access to the management team to give ongoing advice and assist throughout your journey with them.
Please contact Frank, Georgina or Emma to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company