Our client is a major player in the Fresh Produce industry, concentrating on Fresh Fruit – they are looking for an Operations Planner to join their team in Lincolnshire. They are a part of a well known and respected Fresh Produce Group, supplying both retail and non retail customers.
The role is to organise the procuring and stock management across all pack houses covering fruit and veg. Ordering is done from a wide range of suppliers with multiple lead times some from abroad. The Operations Planner is the main point of contact between procurement and packing to ensure there is a smooth flow of stock through to the customer.
• Responsible for planning and organising stock both for allocation and production across multiple pack houses
• Distribution to Customer, liaising with haulier and ensuring our service level is maintained.
• Effectively coordinate retailers requirements and logistics to ensure efficiency, arrivals and returns
• Communicate with suppliers on a daily basis some from abroad
• Daily stock management of products bought in and ensuring a timely delivery.
• Comply with business principles and QA policies, reporting QC issues and managing claims.
• Working closely with site QA’s to ensure products are to specification.
• Update trading board as required.
• Reacting to changes in demand
• Timely updating of internal databases and recommendations on business processes.
• Working closely with the Operations Manager ensuring costs are kept under control and within budget.
• Working closely with the Account manager ensuring we adhere to customer demands.
• Experience in planning and organising raw materials ideally in fresh produce.
• Proven record of working to tight deadlines and ideally with a complex, short life, product range
• Ability to maintain and improve systems
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Excellent communicator and experienced in building long-term working relationships internally and externally
• Hands-on experience in coordinating and negotiating with suppliers and pack houses
• Thorough understanding of quality and delivery protocols in compliance to company requirements
Please apply by sending us a copy of your CV (and cover letter if you prefer) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) or email@example.com (*not co.uk or com)
Or please feel free to call the office and speak with Georgina, Frank or Emma on +44 (0)1273 720 599 to discuss the role, company and / or your experience.