Our client is a major player in the Fresh Produce industry, concentrating on Fresh Fruit – they are looking for a Citrus Product Specialist to join their team in Lincolnshire. They are a part of a well known and respected Fresh Produce Group, supplying both retail and non retail customers.
Summary of Role:
This Product Specialist is responsible for supporting Procurement and commercial teams in the management of citrus through the packing process.
The successful PS is likely to demonstrate an ability to work independently towards supporting the Procurement team being tenacious and assertive but capable of working as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and support the sales, procurement, quality and technical teams with operational matters at the designated site including stock management, availability, samples and benchmarking
• To make sound commercial and quality decisions on matters relating to product quality, product allocation and providing accurate product information
• Hands on approach to QC – assessing stock inbound and feeding back to supplier a report
• Positive release of finished goods ensuring compliance is met
• Ensure the site undertakes its contracted quality procedures, review processes and procedures
• Support the Technical team ensuring the site undertakes its contractual quality procedures and report quality performance (quality service/rejections), ensuring Corrective Actions are completed and recorded.
• Create value by managing product quality to meet customer specification and by providing a logical voice of reason at difficult times when product is border line. Manage a workable non-compliance procedure
• Follow the LEAN principles in your working practices, encourage and encourage the business around you to adopt a culture of continuous improvement and reduce waste
• Follow, report on and attend meetings on stock/product usage, allocation and waste
• Maintain a close relationship with the packhouse staff. Ensure they understand customer specification and product requirements
• Product knowledge mainly citrus and experience of fresh produce industry
• Good IT Proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Ideally conversant with Navision or other processing system with ability to generate information that can be used to identify efficiency and product utilisation
• Works effectively – tackling immediate demands decisively, whilst retaining a broad awareness of emerging requirements. Demonstrates a good sense of priorities, structures workload effectively and delivers consistently good results
• Able to communicate effectively, employing tact and discretion and demonstrating a genuine desire to provide a good service
• Willingness to work as part of a flexible team providing support or cover for colleagues
• Have a good understanding of the business, processes and system procedures
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the Job Holder will be expected to carry out any duties as required by their respective Manager and the needs of the customer
Please apply by sending us a copy of your CV (and cover letter if you prefer) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) or email@example.com (*not co.uk or com)
Or please feel free to call the office and speak with Georgina, Frank or Emma on +44 (0)1273 720 599 to discuss the role, company and / or your experience.