Our client is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of fruit for the fresh, processed and ingredient market sectors. They are looking for a Quality Manager with a strong personality who can stand their ground in challenging situations.
The role is full time Monday to Friday but obviously as this is a senior role there will be the expectation of being available to be on call over the weekend during busy periods.
Fresh Produce experience is essential, preferably fruit.
- The Quality Manager’s responsibility is to manage the team and activities required to meet quality standards aiming to ensure that the product is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations.
- Continually seeks opportunities to enhance team and own product knowledge.
- To be responsive and act quickly with constantly changing requirements and demands.
- Work to achieve continual motivation of the team and retain high levels of trust and confidence of internal and external customers.
- In a Technical capacity, the Quality Manager must have a full understanding of the food products on site and ensure that systems are in place to identify and control hazards significant to the safety of the products based on the global standard HACCP.
- From preparation through to implementation make certain that all policies and procedures are being adhered to in compliance with second and third-party audits.
- Assist Senior Management with technical liaison and attend audits with Technical Director and others.
- Oversee the maintenance of paperwork, report any failings and non-compliance issues to the Technical Senior Manager / Technologist and others and advise on corrective action, monitoring the action to resolve non-conformances.
- Conduct internal audits – i.e. site hygiene checks making certain that all established procedures are being implemented.
- Maintaining all paperwork including policies and procedures for the site, documents used during the daily routines of intake and Packhouse quality checks.
- Maintaining the document manager system.
- Liaise with the HACCP/Operations General Manager with regards food safety requirements within the global standard.
- Closely manage the Quality Team to ensure that all are working to their potential and the requirements of their job role.
- Continually work toward establishing departmental goals and work with the Senior Management and others on achieving these goals.
- Work closely with Senior Management/Commercial/Procurement and others to ensure that standards and specifications are maintained discussing any issues raised by these parties and communicate relevant information back to the quality control/assurance team.
- Continually monitor product quality using established processes and tools.
- Oversee training, orientation and ongoing development of the quality team ensuring that the team receive training in new areas. Ensure the upkeep of Quality team training records.
- Deal with ad hoc process and procedural issues and follow up with corrective action plans.
- Attend Operation and Supermarket meetings as required to ensure information is collected and communicate relevant information to team members as appropriate.
- Ensure the completion of shelf life documentation.
- Remain up to date and vigilant regards Health & Safety for site, self and the Quality team.
- Conduct the Quality Team performance reviews.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Internal systems.
- Excellent knowledge of audit requirements and procedures.
- Good fresh fruit product knowledge.
- Good educational standard with qualifications/college courses relevant to the industry, technical requirements and job level.
- Flexibility and initiative.
This job description is not exhaustive. As per the needs and requirements of the business, the post holder may occasionally have to undertake reasonable duties which are not outlined in this job description.
Please contact Frank, Georgina or Emma to discuss the role and your experience.
Mobile: 07734 861 080 / Office: 01273 720599
Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company