Our client is one of the best known names in UK produce with a strong focus on quality and customer excellence. They have a dedicated and experienced team making them one of the leading fresh produce suppliers operating in the UK. They are now looking for a Ripener to join their team:
To manage the successful running of the Ripening Rooms ensuring ripened product is supplied to meet the customers’ quality and quantity specifications and expectations in full.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Ripen produce in accordance with the Ripening planner order program, using knowledge of how different origins ripen, accurately reporting any quality issues and communicating this information to the technical team and other relevant teams.
• Manage the stock through the ripening process ensuring adequate stock is ripened to each customer specification efficiently in order to meet customers orders whilst minimising wastage.
• Check and calibrate relevant equipment, diagnose problems and recommend action to ensure maximum efficiency from plant equipment.
• Ensure that all regulations regarding QA systems are adhered to and traceability paperwork completed in order to comply with BRC regulations.
• To accept product into the ripening area based on procedures and quality control judgment. The job holder is required to have an in-depth understanding of the in loading report, scanning all pallets, assessment of product (sugars, grading, wastage levels etc) calculating and assigning sort levels and percentage loss, advising allocation of product to relevant customer. This is to ensure that all parties have a thorough understanding of the quality of the stock, to feedback to growers and to plan.
• Being able to advice on setting standards to Team Leaders, liaise with production staff re awareness of product issues, monitor standards on line if needed and rectify issues as they arise such as discover of foreign bodies, segregation, rejections to avoid downtime and the wrong stock being used.
• Plan and carry out stock assessments as and when required, reporting back all issues to the relevant, commercial, technical or operational area, ensuring that all decisions are communicated to the relevant teams.
• Plan daily stock walks of all areas to ensure all part pallets are carded up for specific use and each area is neat, tidy and presentable at all times.
Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy, Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Dignity at Work Policy and Hygiene Policy.
Skills, know-how and experience:
• Experience within a quality control environment focusing on a product which requires ripening
• Training in produce ripening
• Good level of numeracy and literacy
• Attention to detail
• Organisational and time management skills
• Basic PC skills in order to input data and print off reports
• Experience of working in the fresh produce industry
Technical / professional qualifications:
Key performance indicators :
• Productivity/Waste control/5S
• Personnel engagement
• Customer satisfaction
Dotted line reports/key stakeholders:
Please apply by sending us a copy of your CV (and cover letter if you prefer) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) or email@example.com (*not co.uk or com)
Or please feel free to call the office and speak with Georgina, Frank or Emma on +44 (0)1273 720 599 to discuss the role, company and / or your experience.