Senior Sales and Business Development Manager
Reporting to the MD
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
An established and well-respected fresh produce importer and distributer based in the SE of England. The company has evolved into a significant force with a broad range of customers, which includes Supermarkets, Food Service and Wholesalers. With a number of new challenges the Industry is presenting to the Fresh industry and the need to secure new business particularly within the Retail arena they are now looking to invest in a Senior Sales professional to take them into the next stage of their growth. This is an exciting role for an individual with enormous drive, skill, enthusiasm who can become a critical part of a small dedicated (and fun) team.
The have a very energetic, exciting and highly experienced team in the UK, so it would be great opportunity to join the company at a senior level.
Working closely with suppliers around the world, our client supplies UK businesses with imported fresh produce, you’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining existing client relationships within the Sales & Marketing department, whilst identifying and targeting new business opportunities particularly in the Retail sector.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a high calibre sales professional, currently operating at a senior level. It is essential that you have experience from within the Fresh Produce Industry
It is unlikely that you would have less than five years experience within the Fresh Produce industry and used to growing business within healthy and stable relationships. A combination of a proactive trading mentality and a strategic thinker would be essential.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Managing customer accounts and generating sales. Focus on understanding customer needs and building long term relationships.
- Visiting customers and supporting New Business Development activity
- Learning about customer businesses, negotiating prices, and ensuring the delivery of first class customer service.
- Manage pricing and margins according to internal targets.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through ethical sales methods.
- Optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Meet company targets for retention of growth and profitability.
- Building new Customer base
Please contact Frank to discuss the role and your experience.
Mobile: 07734 861 080 / Office : 01273 720 599
Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company