Our clients are growers (Soft Fruit and Vegetables) and one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from Kenya and the largest commercial grower and exporter of chilies from Kenya. They are committed to provide quality products which redefine what innovative, healthy and delicious vegetables should be.
SOFT FRUIT GROWER
Overall responsibility for the growing of soft fruit
Reporting to the Managing Director
Based on farm in Nanyuki Kenya
- Coordinating soft fruit crop protection and nutrition programs for farms.
- Work to find the best varieties to grow in the area.
- Constantly look for new fruits to grow.
- Based in Mount Kenya where most of soft fruit growing is done for us.
- Attending to produce quality issues / complaints pertaining to field production processes.
- Update field quality manual when necessary.
- Coordinating and carrying out of internal audits (Global GAP, TN10, F2F, environmental audits etc).
- Working with technical and farm manager to facilitate external audits for the farms
- Monitoring and confirming farms planting programs.
- Confirmation of the farms production predictions.
- Preparation and facilitating of various farm schedules, (Audit schedules, Field testing/ analysis schedules, staff training schedules etc.)
- Co-ordinate sampling (taking samples for tests analysis) and disseminating the samples results.
- Coordinating trials for new input products, crop varieties, technologies, research for new better production systems etc.
- Building up of skilled workforce for the field’s production units through recruitment and training. Prepare and/ or review job descriptions for field staffs.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the Job Holder will be expected to carry out any duties as required by their respective Manager and the needs of the customer.
Or please feel free to call the office and speak with Georgina or Frank on +44(0)1273 720 599 to discuss the role, company and / or your experience.