A leading Fresh Produce importer are looking for a Technical Manager with experience in the Fresh Produce Industry to join their team in Kent.
· Part of management team to work alongside the QA and Production teams, report to Directors
· Monitor and control HACCP, TACCP, VACCP & internal audit systems
· Ensure all staff training is up to date and assist in refreshers where required
· Investigate and complete prompt response to all customer complaints and enquiries
· Analyse all processes and systems for quality improvement updates
· Provide Management with documented analysis and improvements of any key issues or developments.
· Implement site food safety and quality assurance
· Complete full quality checks throughout production
· Inform all relevant departments of any quality failures/failures in procedure/policy protocol.
· Be customer & supplier facing as required – dealing with major retailers, wholesalers and independent customers.
· Site is BRC & Organic certified – this must be maintained and requirements met at all times through all activities.
· Positive, self-driven, team player who is happy to get hands dirty and be fully involved in the business
· Educated to degree level in food science preferable but not essential or equivalent in adequate experience.
· Proven knowledge within a food manufacturing background preferably produce
· Food safety and quality certification
· Knowledge of BRC systems
· Knowledge of Pesticides
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· IT literate
Full time, permanent
Hours: 8.00am to 5.30pm, Mon to Fri
Please contact Frank or Emma to discuss the role and your experience.
Mobile: 07734 861 080 / Office : 01273 720 599
Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company