Our client is part of the largest Fresh Produce Importer, Packer, Growers and distributors in the UK , serving major retailers and non-retail outlets.
They are looking for an individual with a unique set of talents / experience. A cross between a Account Technologist and a Source Technologist who would maintain and develop both the customer and the grower/ supplier interests.
To develop and maintain both customer and supplier / grower relationships whilst contribute to promoting and driving the business forward. This is very much a hybrid position requiring great communication skills and technically fully conversant with both ends of the Supply Chain.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Responsible for quality and customer throughout the end to end supply chain.
- Responsible for the process of delivering safe and legal produce to our customer.
- Contribute to the category sourcing/ procurement plans.
- Cross functional working to identify and implement opportunities that will maintain competitive advantage and create efficiencies throughout the supply chain.
- Contribute to category leadership through value adding innovation and R&D (e.g. variety development, packaging solutions, sustainability, points of difference) whilst at all times communicating effectively until the point of implementation.
- Participate as a member of project teams by providing advice and technical input as required to support the achievement of project outcomes.
- Collate and present seasonal and periodic reviews to measure success.
- Evaluate and communicate our clients performance versus competitors.
- Contribute to the technical elements of seasonal tenders whilst ensuring communication is maintained internally and externally.
- Inspire, motivate and develop your team to deliver objectives.
- Responsibility and ownership for delivering your part of our clients strategy.
- Responsible for the product quality at source
Skills, know-how and experience:
Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to understand and interpret customer requirements
- Commercial awareness
- Negotiation skills
- IT skills in order to process information and data for presenting in a professional and consistent format.
- Ability to make informed decisions at pace.
- Agronomy background
- Experience of working in the fresh produce industry
- Fluent in a second language is advantageous but not essential
- Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy, Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Dignity at Work Policy and Hygiene Policy.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the Job Holder will be expected to carry out any duties as required by their respective Manager and the needs of the customer.
Please apply by sending me a copy of your CV (and cover letter if you prefer) to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com)
Or please feel free to call the office and speak with Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 to discuss the role, company and / or your experience.