Welcome to FMK Consulting.
FMK Consulting are specialist recruiters for the Fresh Produce & Food, Agriculture and FMCG Industries across the whole supply chain.
“Empowering dreams, inspiring growth with trust, integrity and passion”
FMK has a successful track record of effective Recruitment and Consultancy.
- To lead the HACCP initiatives and ensure compliance
- To conduct any audits as required including any un-announced customer audits
- To ensure strict compliance with the company’s food safety and quality operating procedures (QOP) are adhered to.
- To ensure all regular meetings are recorded and attend where appropriate
- To check all quality systems and conduct tests as per QMS v7.
- Check Shelf-life tests, analyse and report to stakeholders.
- Receive quality reports and analyse for trending.
- Grower / Supplier sign off, Due Diligence ( Imported Berries )
- Receive complaints/rejections and conduct thorough review and report.
- Manage pest contracts, and act according to situation
- To motivate all staff to comply by all protocols and procedures as described in the Manual.
- To complete any other duties as may be required in line with the position of Technical Manager, or as directed by the management and leadership team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a successful Berry Grower based in Somerset. They are looking for a Technical Manager with a background in BRC (AA) maintenance and ideally with Fresh Produce expe...
An exciting role has come up working for one of the top Fresh produce companies in the UK.... We are looking for a Fresh Produce Buyer!
We are looking for a experienced Buyer (Ideally from the Fresh produce Industry, otherwise Food Industry! The Buyer will work closely with internal and external stakeholders you will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills at multiple levels of the organisation.
Besides excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills, we are looking for someone who has a proactive approach to balance business and customer needs with the ability to form strong relationships with suppliers and maintain good regular contact.
Main Purpose of the role
- Working with the Buying Manager to develop and enhance grower relationships.
- Planning procurement requirements so that the needs of the customer are met and supplier relationships maintained in the most efficient cost effective way.
- Execution of the procurement plan, issue of programmes and weekly orders are placed, maintenance of rolling stock position within commercial planner, consignment maintenance, claims process, deputises buying & reporting in absence of Buying Manager.
• To keep the sales team updated in respect of stock availability so that a planned approach can be taken to making timely buying decision to gain best prices. • To correctly calculate the base product costs and to ensure these are updated on the cost spreadsheet, so the commercial team have the most up to date information on which to negotiate sales and product costs prices in order to make a profit. • To ensure that suppliers are kept informed with any issues regarding product so that appropriate changes can be made e.g. methods of transportation and quality issues are highlighted early in order to maintain the best possible relationship with suppliers. • To help build insight for the business and our customer by constantly updating knowledge of self, team and other key stakeholders on all factors affecting product availability including changes to the start/finish of seasons, weather conditions etc. • Stock management/usage in conjunction with supply chain. • Track and publish stock age reports for the commercial team. • Compile and coordinate weekly programmes for growers, whilst making daily adjustments to suit the needs of the business. • Liaise with Buying Admin to ensure arrivals meet set deadlines. • Monitor quality of arrivals and relay claim notifications to suppliers. • Monitor conformity of supply highlighting shortages to the Buying Manager (Program vs Actual Report). • Maintain transport rates, Sea freight/Airfreight handling costs, part code details and estimated charges on the in-house system. • Update and maintain Grower templates with agreed cost prices. • Update and maintenance of consignment tracker (estimated claims) to assist in managing profit / loss within the area. • Assist the finance team to efficiently complete the invoice and associated administration process. • A flexible approach required as daily tasks can vary due to operational demand. • As required attend 8.00 a.m. Operations meeting to support specific customers issues and requirements. • Involvement in end of season supplier reviews capturing all key aspects of the past season for continued procurement excellence. • Be aware of Group and Company H&S and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Protocols. • Report all accidents, near misses, unsafe acts or conditions and environmental events noted throughout the business to the H & S Manager through the ‘HUB’. • Notify your Line Manager of any procedures or work arrangements that you do not understand or feel competent to undertake. • Co-operate with the Company at all times to ensure that the work is undertaken both effectively and safely. • Use safety equipment or clothing provided in a proper manner and for the purpose intended. • Work in accordance with any Health and Safety instruction or training that has been given. • Any other reasonable duties to meet the needs of the business.
- Have demonstrable skill, knowledge and previous experience at a similar level within a procurement, Sales or Supply chain function ideally within the fresh produce sector, however must be within FMCG.
- Proven experience of working as a Buyer, preferably within fresh produce industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to plan strategically with excellent negotiation skills
- Able to carry out detailed analysis and present recommendations
- Driven individual looking to innovate, effect and respond to change
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including Excel, Power Point, MS Word
- Working knowledge of SAP is beneficial
- Willingness to travel and operate independently when abroad
- Spanish language skills (advantage) intermediate level or higher.
- Possesses great communication, influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills; able to operate effectively both internally and externally at multiple levels of an organisation using a proactive approach to balance business and customer needs. Ability to form relationships with suppliers and maintain good regular contact.
- Hold others accountable whilst maintaining positive relationships, exhibiting positive behaviours and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate working with a high degree of accuracy with numbers and good Excel knowledge is essential. Spanish speaking would be an advantage but not essential.
- Their disposition must be confident, reliable, accurate, self-motivated, inquisitive, having the ability to communicate well with colleagues and Key stakeholders and represent the company at Trade shows and events. Have good IT skills and knowledge of Health and Safety.
What our client can offer you: • A competitive salary • 6.6 weeks annual leave incl. bank hols / Pension scheme / Optional company share scheme / Learning and development opportunities / Free onsite parking / Employee Assistance Program / Cycle to work Scheme
The hours you would work: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm (40hrs per week) with occasional travel overseas if needed.
Send a CV over to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in applying for the Buyer role!
An exciting role has come up working for one of the top Fresh produce companies in the UK…. We are looking for a Fresh Produce Buyer! We are looking for a experienced Buyer (Ideally from the Fre...
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established and respected international logistics group working in the Fresh Produce Business with their UK office in Kent.
A rare chance to join a successful family company that encourages innovative thinking, ambition over experience, works as a team in line with its vision and values and is committed to progressing talented individuals.
With a focus on customer satisfaction and innovation, they are expanding their team and seeking a dynamic Account Manager to join their sales department. This role will be instrumental in promoting and selling their transport services to clients across the UK.
Job Summary: As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for identifying, pursuing, and closing sales opportunities with potential clients in the UK. The primary focus will be on selling their comprehensive range of transport services, ensuring that client needs are met while maximizing revenue for the company. This role involves building and maintaining strong relationships with clients, understanding their unique requirements, and providing tailored solutions.
1. Client Acquisition:
· Identify and target potential clients in the UK who could benefit from their transport services.
· Conduct market research to understand industry trends and competitor offerings.
· Develop a strong understanding of client needs and challenges to position their services effectively.
2. Sales and Revenue Generation:
· Proactively reach out to prospects through various channels, including phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings.
· Present and demonstrate the value of their transport services to potential clients.
· Prepare and present compelling proposals and negotiate contracts to close deals.
· Achieve and exceed sales targets and revenue goals.
3. Relationship Management:
· Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with clients.
· Act as the main point of contact for clients, addressing inquiries and concerns promptly.
· Collaborate with internal teams to ensure seamless service delivery and customer satisfaction.
4. Market Intelligence:
· Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and competitor activities.
· Provide feedback to the marketing and product development teams based on client interactions.
5. Reporting and Documentation:
· Keep accurate records of sales activities, including sales calls, presentations, and closed deals.
· Provide regular updates and reports to the Sales Manager on sales progress and market insights.
· Proven experience in sales, preferably in the transportation or logistics industry.
· Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Results-oriented with a focus on achieving and exceeding sales targets.
· Knowledge of transportation and logistics industry practices is a plus.
· Competitive salary with performance-based incentives.
· Opportunities for professional development and career growth.
· Dynamic and collaborative work environment.
If you are a motivated and results-driven individual with a passion for sales and transportation services, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to contribute to the success of our growing company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established and respected international logistics group working in the Fresh Produce Business with their UK office in Kent. A rare chance to join a successfu...
Including Account Management, Trading, Business Development & Marketing
Including Transport Management, Operations, Supply Chain
Including All Director level positions
Including Sales support
Production and Warehouse
Including Managers and Directors
Including Manager, Technologist, Agronomists, Quality Assurance Managers, NPD
Including Farming Manager, Growers, Fruit Specialists
Including Management, Wine Buyers, Social Media Managers, BWS Commercial Teams
Fresh Produce & Food, Food Service, Farming, Horticulture, Agriculture, Viticulture, Hydroponics, Retail, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Beer, Wine and Spirits, Vineyard Management, Agronomy