JOB TITLE: Salad – Production Manager
To manage site operations, ensuring production targets are met in full, within budget and within quality specification.
To ensure compliance with all legal, customer, environmental and policies.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise the UK Senior Farms Manager of resources required to successfully manage day to day operations.
- Strive to meet raw material supply orders as received with in-spec material delivered at an agreed time, in full, within the framework of Code of Practice for the Hygienic Production of Raw Materials and within the parameters laid down by the company’s Cold Chain Policy.
- Through the growing team, maintain planting and drilling programmes and ensure efficient use of seed, pesticides, fertilisers and water during crop production.
- Work with the Harvest Planner to produce accurate crop availability and quality forecasts.
- Ensure appropriate performance records are maintained. Report all KPIs in a timely manner to the relevant departments. Assist the UK Senior Farms Manager in writing the annual budget. React promptly and effectively to adverse performance.
- Challenge the traditional methods of operation and develop the team. Research production methods to increase efficiencies year on year whilst showing continuous improvement to sustainability.
- Work closely with the Agronomist to develop improved production methods aimed at enhancing yield and quality whilst driving down unit cost of production.
- Assist the UK Senior Farms Manager to develop the growing strategy.
- Ensure farm staff are fully briefed as to business developments.
- To ensure that all staff receive adequate and appropriate training to enable them to fulfil their duties effectively.
- Implement and maintain Personal Development Plans for all key members of staff.
- Ensure staff and operations at the site have a positive impact upon the local environment and maintain and develop positive relationships within the local community.
- Work with overseas farms / growers, utilising equipment during the non-growing season.
- Ensure that the operation works equally and as efficiently in your absence.The team should be flexible enough to react to any conditions that might arise
- Maintain and develop the relationship with the local community
- Work closely the Environment Agency and Environment Manager on improving quality of water discharging to the receiving waters.
Qualifications / Experience and Skills:
- At least 2 years in a Farming environment, ideally in a ‘hands on’ Farming Production role
- Fresh Produce , ideally Salad Production experience
- You must posses a strong interest in environmental issues, agricultural and farming practices -Evidence of this interest is ideal
- Ideally you would be in a similar position within the Industry for 2-3 years
- Agricultural degree is advantageous
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS: On site Farm Environment
Accommodation is available.
REPORTING TO: UK Senior Farms Manager
HOURS: Mon-Fri 7.30am-4.30pm flexible
DEPUTY: Growing Managers
- Grower Managers
- Harvest Planner
- Watercress Assistant Manager
If you are interested, please get in touch with Frank or Georgie from FMK Consulting and we can have a chat about this position and the company …. Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.