JOB TITLE: Sprayer Operator
REPORTING TO: Farm Manager
HOURS: Seasonal 40+ hours per week
To be responsible to the Farm Manager for such tasks as deemed necessary for the production of all salad crops at their Kent Farm site, within the constraints of good horticultural practice, and those particular demands associated with producing food for retailers. Mainly Crop Spraying.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To undertake spraying operations on all crops taking account of good agronomic practice.
- To undertake on-going maintenance and calibration of relevant machinery used to achieve the above.
- To carry out pre-soil sterilising cultivating as directed by the Farm Manager and the Farm Foreman.
- To assist in other field operations and irrigation.
- To ensure the highest standards of field hygiene are maintained at all times.
- Employees have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by employees’ actions at work. Employees must co-operate with employers and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
- General farm maintenance particularly during the off season.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Farm Based – working outside in all conditions at all times of the day/evening in accordance with the requirements of the crop.
Hostel accommodation is provided at a subsidised weekly rate.
- PA1, PA2, Crop Spraying qualification
- Tractor driving
- Full driving licence
If you are interested, please get in touch with Frank or Georgie from FMK Consulting and we can have a chat about this position and the company …. Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.