Our client is one of Kenya’s leading growers and exporters of fresh produce with an enduring reputation for quality. As a result of continued growth they are looking to recruit a Sales Professional to join their lively Vegetable (export) Team based in Nairobi .
This is an exciting opportunity to sell into International markets where your knowledge of the Fresh Produce Supply Chain, Category Management, NPD, strategy building and negotiation skills will be in full demand.
It is expected you will have extensive fresh produce experience which may include one or more of the following areas ; Trading, Procurement, Sales (Retail and Non Retail), Commercial, International customer base.
The day to day role of the Commercial Account Manager will include:-
Account Management :- Manage and develop relationships with key customers to ensure the business develop successfully and sustainably
You will have full P&L responsibility for key accounts as well as developing new business opportunities
Forecasting :- You would generate and own the programing / forecasting for your customers. You will work closely with the farms, production, packing, technical and operations to ensure full customer specification and supply.
Commercial Strategy :- Contribute to company strategy and budget planning ensuring your customers category is fully serviced ( range, promotions, NPD, and Marketing)
Customer Insight :- Develop a deep understand of your customer and their markets. Use category tools (data systems and sources) to take the lead on customer strategy and product planning .
The successful candidate would have the following experience:-
- You will have extensive knowledge of the fresh produce supply chain and a deep understanding of an international customer base.
- You will be a passionate, proactive , confidential sales professional with a proven track record in Fresh Produce Sales
- Current Buying / Selling experience
- Knowledge of the UK / EU Market is advantageous
- Great rapport building and communication skills
- Ability to use data systems to support your account manager
- Confirmed Team player
- Ideally experience in a Vegetable category
- Experience working in a fast paced chilled chain environment
This successful international company will offer real learning and growth potential.
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.