A innovative and highly successful Fresh Produce company are looking for a experienced Head of Crop Production to join their team in Kent….Our client is one of the largest producers of Soft Fruit in the UK, in this new and exciting role you will lead and direct the strategic objective of ensuring growers are sustainable and providing them with industry leading services whilst producing the very best fruit for customers and the consumer.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA
- Lead and direct the strategic objective of ensuring our growers are sustainable and providing them with industry leading services whilst producing the very best fruit for our client’s customers and the consumer.
- Co-ordinate and influence the groups overall production information and forecasts, incorporating individual growers plans in to our production plan aimed at meeting the markets demands and our strategic development.
- As the plant and propagation lead in the business to manage plant order forecasting and the management of the planning and distribution of proprietary plant material to our growers in fruit. To follow up on plant claims & quality issues.
- Key relationship manager working closely with our strategic partners in plant propagation and overseeing our five-year nursery plans.
- Lead the team of agronomists and our crop production bulletin, under the management of our Agronomy Manager.
- Design, our programme of educational visits, farm walks and benchmarking to define and promote best practice and continuous improvement.
- Scope and manage the blueprints for test plots in which we assess the performance of new varieties and growing techniques.
- Define strategy for the evolving requirements of the grower services team and laboratory providing scientific support to our growers.
- Horizon scanning on crop production developments and representation in our Grower research advisory panel.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the soft fruit industry / in horticultural production and / or crop advice.
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges.
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion.
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees.
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills.
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate.
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries.
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests.
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach.
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required.
- Very good organisational skills.
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel.
Reports to: Technical & Development Director
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.