HORTICULTURAL TRIALS ASSISTANT
Our client is a long established and well respected Advisory Agency based in two of the most important Top Fruit growing areas in the UK. They are at the forefront in advising their Grower members on best in industry practice with strong agendas around Crop performance, Integrated Crop Management, fruit quality, sustainable and efficient growing systems and less reliance on conventional crop protection. They have built respect through their Independent and unbiased approach. Teamwork and Individual development go hand in hand.
They are looking for a ambitious Trials Assistant to join their Trials department, which undertakes horticultural research for clients, underpins advancements and supports agronomic advice.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start or develop their career in the Horticultural Industry!
Overview of role
We are looking for a practical, hardworking person with some horticultural experience required to deliver hands-on field and office support for the Trials Department.
The successful Trials Assistant will have a fantastic work ethic, attention to detail and initiative. You would assist with trials administration, data collection and entry, undertake practical trials site tasks, assist with spray applications, carry out plant husbandry and plant physiological assessments plus fruit sampling, harvesting and grading. You would work with other team members and, at times, by yourself.
This is an interesting, varied and sometimes fast-paced role working with cheerful, amiable colleagues in a pleasant rural environment.
Please apply if you have the following experience :
- Horticultural experience desirable
- Full driving licence required for role.
- Good spoken English, reading, writing and comprehension.
- Experienced with motorised knapsack spraying advantageous (but not essential as training will be given).
- Successful candidate would join a small team and may sometimes be required to work alone in remote field locations.
- Horticultural research can occasionally require late, weekend and short notice or emergency working.
- Involves working in all weathers – outdoors, in cold stores and in polytunnels plus mandatory wearing of PPE. (Supplied)
- For staff retention purposes candidates may be required to sign a training agreement committing them to a minimum period of work or risk being responsible for on the job training costs.
Salary: competitive, 37.5 hours per week
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.