A large Farming operation and well known Fresh Produce company are looking to expand their team with a Seasonal Harvest Manager….! This role will be based at their Farming site in Kent
To be responsible for the management of salad leaf harvesting and dispatch operations at our client’s Farm to the quality and quantity set by our client. To be responsible for ensuring that harvest operations are carried out efficiently and according to the group’s health and safety, food hygiene and cold chain protocols.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-ordination and management of harvest labour force made up of seasonal staff, employed over the growing season at the Farm, to include conventional, herbs and organics.
- Daily communications with Farm Manager, Seasonal Fridge Operative, Procurement Team, Technical and Transport Departments.
- Monitoring of harvest operations with regard to improvements and cost savings that can be made to operational systems.
- Ensure a daily rolling forecast of all crops is completed in full, which complies with the raw material specification.
- To oversee with Seasonal Fridge Operative the stock rotation and storage in the fridge. Ensuring that all raw materials stored comply with Technical standards and policies.
- To oversee the Harvest Team and ensure compliance with all procedures and policies which relates to Health & Safety, Food Hygiene and Farm audits.
- Recording and inputting of harvest data onto the traceability system, maintain all relevant paper work.
- To ensure that harvest machinery and cold store facility is maintained in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and supporting paperwork completed.
- To be responsible for sourcing all materials required to effectively manage the harvest and dispatch operations.
- In conjunction with the Leaf Farm Administrator complete all necessary Inductions of Seasonal Staff with supporting paperwork.
- Oversee the completion of seasonal staff timesheets on Monday’s and once completed hand in to the Leaf Farm Administrator.
- To take charge of the harvest operation at weekends on a rotational basis.
- To take charge of the accommodation of the seasonal staff and provide disciplinary input where required.
- To be fully responsible to the Farm Manager for all H & S and advise Farm Manager of any improvements needed.
- Ideally, you would have at least 1 years in a Farming / Growing position, ideally working with Fresh Produce (Salads would be advantageous)
- Experience working with Farming Health and Safety
- Strong administration skills (in a similar role)
- You must have excellent communication skills
- Ideally you would have a background in Agronomy, Fresh Produce Growing, Production, Glass House Production, etc.
- You would have a strong interest in environmental issues
- Ideally you would have a Agricultural Degree, or similar
- A full driving license is essential.
- You’ll be a great team player and be passionate about Fresh produce.
REPORTING TO: Farm Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Seasonal Harvest Staff
DEPUTY: Seasonal Fridge Operative
If you are interested, please get in touch with Frank or Georgie from FMK Consulting and we can have a chat about this position and the company …. Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.