Job Title: Senior Procurement Assistant
A innovative, successful and well known Fresh Produce company are looking for a Senior Procurement Assistant to join their team in Kent.
As Senior Procurement Assistant you would be expected to deliver a fast, efficient and effective supply chain process to supermarkets/suppliers, oversee all day to day activities of Admin functions and manage the procurement administration team at a senior level.
- To liaise with factory, suppliers, stock & intake qc team, other UK Site teams, in the provision, analysis and exchange of data and information required to support and maintain an effective and efficient supply chain process.
Process Supermarket Orders
Receive and review Supermarket orders and communicate order requirements to the pack houses.
- Receive supermarket orders via EDI.
- Review received orders, ensure all details correct.
- Ensure enough fruit in the pack house to fulfil orders.
- Confirm stock despatch requirements with, and release the order to the packhouse.
- Monitor shortage report daily, logging on system and querying with supermarket where required.
- Customer rejection, logged on system and shortage report
- Customer forecasting daily & weekly, updating sales forecast & factory planning team
Monitor and compare packhouse stock levels with customer orders
- Review daily raw material stock levels via stock sheet.
- Maintain acceptable stock level for all lines, against programmed orders, ordering top up stock on a daily basis.
- Advise factory of what stock to use for specific lines, monitoring usage to ensure correct.
- Complete stock reconciliation of stock level with stock on system, investigating and correcting any discrepancies.
- Programmes with suppliers
- Raw material rejections & replacement of stock to ensure customer orders are met.
Allocation of stock to confirmed orders on system ensuring correct rates are paid to factory for production.
- Receive production data from factory, check, correct if necessary, query any anomalies.
- Allocate stock used, by consignment to correct line produced, recording waste.
- Ensure correct packing rates are attached to each customer.
- Maintain costings for line production on system.
Interpret Quality Control Reports
Receive, review and verify data content of Quality Control Reports, prior to despatch to supplier.
- Review content of report to substantiate requirement for a product claim.
- Notify supplier of possible claim.
- Investigate the evidence, including assigned product quality coding, photographs, and quality Control team observations to ensure the supplier receives accurate and correct information on quality of supplied fruits.
Verify accuracy of data on all consignments.
- Receive and check the details supplied on all consignments created on the system by the group.
- Create consignments for products procured by the company
- Query any differences from actual goods arrivals, action any amendments and re issue to QC.
- Monitor stock team confirmation of receipt of stock arrival.
- Query any differences with stock team of expected consignment details.
- Send QC reports to supplier
- Set up varietal codes, sizes, grower/supplier details for QC.
- Update and input weekly prices and ensure highest degree of accuracy
- Enter manual orders onto system for non supermarket customers
- Check invoices received to ensure correct before authorising payment
- Advising stock & intake qc team of next day raw material arrivals
Company Initiatives and Compliance
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Relevant knowledge and experience would include:
- Knowledge of soft fruit and / or experience of working with short life products (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge of a supply chain process (preferred but not essential)
Specific Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment.
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven Time management skills: Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines.
- Computer Literature – at ease with IT software including all packages of Microsoft Office, Advanced excel skill essential. Navision experience desirable.
- Sharepoint experience desirable
- Attention to detail
Other Information: This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
If you are interested, please get in touch with Frank or Georgie from FMK Consulting and we can have a chat about this position and the company …. Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.