A innovative, exciting and continuously growing Fresh Produce company are looking for a Procurement Assistant to join their growing and highly successful Procurement Team….to start ASAP!
To deliver a fast, efficient and effective supply chain process to raw material suppliers/factory
- To liaise with factory, suppliers, stock & intake qc team, analysis and exchange of data and information required to support and maintain an effective and efficient supply chain process.
Monitor and compare stock levels with customer orders
- Review daily raw material stock levels via stock sheet.
- Maintain acceptable stock level for all lines, against programmed orders, ordering top up stock on a daily basis.
- Advise factory of what stock to use for specific lines/customer.
- Complete stock reconciliation of stock level with stock on system, investigating and correcting any discrepancies.
- Programmes with suppliers
- Raw material rejections & replacement of stock to ensure customer orders are met.
Allocation of stock to confirmed orders on system ensuring correct rates are paid to factory for production.
- Receive production data from factory, check, correct if necessary, query any anomalies.
- Allocate stock used, by consignment to correct line produced, recording waste.
Verify accuracy of data on all consignments.
- Receive and check the details supplied on all consignments created on the system
- Create consignments for products procured by the company
- Monitor stock team confirmation of receipt of stock arrival.
- Query any differences with stock team of expected consignment details.
- Send QC reports to supplier
- Set up varietal codes, sizes, grower/supplier details for QC.
- Checking Grower specification against customer requirement
- Check invoices received to ensure correct before authorising payment
- Advising stock & intake qc team of next day raw material arrivals
- Completing hand written pallet labels
- Entering intake on Excel spreadsheet
- Confirming arrivals on web base portal system
- Account system updated daily
Company Initiatives and Compliance
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values.
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Participate in training and personal development activities as required
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks as required by the Company.
Qualifications/ Knowledge & Experience
Specific Knowledge & Experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Relevant knowledge and experience would include:
- Knowledge of fruit and / or experience of working with short life products
- Knowledge of a supply chain process
Specific Skills & Experience
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven Time management skills: Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines.
- Computer Literature – at ease with IT software including all packages of Microsoft Office, Excel skills. Navision experience desirable.
- Sharepoint experience desirable
- Attention to detail
Other Information: This job description is a summary of the main duties of the role but is not exhaustive. It may be reviewed and updated regularly in discussion with the post holder.
Please get in touch with Georgie or Frank for more information about the shifts for this position.
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.