Our client is a major international marketers, producer and distributor of Fresh Produce globally…They are a successful and highly respected company and it would be a fantastic career move to join their Quality Assurance team based in Belgium…To strengthen their Quality team they are keen to speak with a highly experienced Quality Assurance Supervisor to join their team in Antwerp.
As the Quality Assurance Supervisor you would be….
Reporting to the Regional Manager QA Fresh and you will be responsible for:
- Undertake daily quality control for incoming and out bounding products.
- Coordinates all quality control/inspections functions under the supervision of Regional Manager QA.
- To manage on a day to day basis the QC team including resource allocation and communication with the team ensuring we have proper and adequate shift cover & timely communication.
- To ensure a correct handover between shifts and from one day to the next.
- Responsible for verification of the quality of products, record and report of every quality Inspection of the product at arrival, in stock and at delivery, quality test. And communicate result of inspection to the team members.
- Support in the management of the quality, improvement of the process related to quality control.
- Train quality inspectors
- To attend and partake planning meeting, where required.
- To ensure compliance to customer product specifications and service levels.
- Inspect rejections from customers up on return to ensure accurate & timely communication to the whole team and external sources as required.
- To be primary interface for daily quality issues from commercial colleagues & to action their enquiries regarding quality.
- Maintain and ensuring proper understanding of produce quality and safety is obtained by QC personnel
- Assist Quality Manager in designing & implementation of quality assurance policy / quality management system (QMS) ensuring it is efficient, implemented and is effective.
- To develop and use training tools to ensure the training frame work is kept up to date and accurate.
- To ensure that company QC procedures and adhered to and updated.
- To oversee/control the quality assurance systems and standards of product packed at third party sites by handling and analysing claims if required.
- To liaise with technical manager & suppliers to help prevent repeat rejection issues.
- Handle all Ad Hoc QC/QA mission/matter (including Labo preparation, data inputs).
We are looking for a candidate who is/has:
- University degree in Agronomy/Horticulture or related agricultural studies (experience at field level)
- 2-5 years’ experience with fresh produce
- Specific knowledge of Quality Control, Quality Management and Certifications (GAP, IFS, BRC, HACCP, SCS).
- English fluently is a MUST. Other language is a plus
- Good analytic skills
- Excel, power point
- Be able to work under pressure
- Professional, well organized, establishing and following Processes and Procedures
- Able to work independently and travel as required
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.