Job Title : Production Team Leader
This position is working for a leading Fresh Produce company who have a successful operation in Kent and others across the UK. This is a fantastic company to work for if you are looking for your next career move!
Reports to: Production Controller
Job purpose: Responsible for management and performance of a designated Production line, ensuring all aspects of Production are in accordance with compliance, quality standards and departmental KPIs.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Supervise the shift team and relevant non-shift personnel working in Production
- Closely supervise and carry out inductions for any temporary staff employed in Production
- Participate in the daily Production huddles and ensure regular communication/briefings to provide the Production team with the relevant information to carry out their role to the maximum effect
- Carry out training as necessary in Production procedures, working practices and Company policy
- Implement the Production plan as efficiently as possible to maximise the throughput during your shift by organising staff in the best way to maximise effective and efficient output.
- Leave the Production areas and equipment in a fit state for the next shift to start
- Report on Production achieved and provide a detailed handover to other Production staff as required.
- Suggest and help implement any cost-saving ideas or improvements
- Maintain a high level of quality with a focus on zero defects.
- Report any equipment faults
- Carry out QA checks and complete relevant documentation
- Work as part of a team on the Production line as required
- Monitor usage of sundry items and consumables, report any shortage
- Ensure Clean As You Go is being applied
- Monitor hygiene in the Production areas during your shift and resolve or report any issues found
- Ensure product is being handled and stored in a food safe manner and according to Company procedures/policy
- Ensure staff follow the Company Hygiene code and maintain a high standard of personal hygiene while at work
- Ensure equipment is cleaned properly and according to procedure
- Ensure sign off procedures are followed and all paperwork and labeling is completed accurately and signed by the relevant staff
- Ensure that no incorrect product or product of insufficient quality are used
- Ensure all unused stock is returned and accurately recorded
- Ensure all spillages are cleaned up immediately and bins emptied/rubbish cleared
- Comply with all relevant Company policies and procedures, including but not limited to Health, Safety & Wellbeing Policy, Equal Opportunities, Diversity & Dignity at Work Policy and Hygiene Policy.
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Experience of working on a food / Fresh Produce production line
- Must have proven People Management skills
- Strong customer service attitude
- Shows positive behaviours and professionalism at all times, even in difficult situations or when executing unpopular/tough decisions
- Able to hold others accountable whilst maintaining positive relationships.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to give clear instructions to a diverse group and get the best out of the team.
- Enthusiasm, self-confidence and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active – taking a structured approach to problem solving
- Results focused
- Open to sharing new ideas and methodology
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and drive to continually improve
- Strong degree of flexibility within a multi targeted environment
- Team player
- Experience of working in the Fresh Produce industry
- Practical understanding of Production machinery would be beneficial with a willingness to learn
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.