Our client is a long established and well respected Advisory Agency based in two of the most important Top Fruit growing areas in the UK. They are at the forefront in advising their Grower members on best in industry practice with strong agendas around Crop performance, Integrated Crop Management, fruit quality, sustainable and efficient growing systems and less reliance on conventional crop protection. They have built respect through their Independent and unbiased approach. Teamwork and Individual development go hand in hand. Excellent grower relations and a pride in what they do is seen as paramount in their success so far.
We are looking for a candidate with a high level of experience in pome/stone fruit growing or a confident graduate/young manager, fluent English language and most importantly, we are looking for someone who sees this role as a a long-term opportunity and shows passion for what is a quite specific role.
In the role of Top Fruit Advisor you would be expected to do the following….
- Provide full agronomy support to our existing customer base of commercial fruit growers
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues and growers
- Provide achievable solutions and strategies for the protection of crops
- You would seek out any new business opportunities for our client
- Be able to work flexibly under pressure and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Should attend trade shows / conferences etc. in UK and abroad when required to network and broaden industry knowledge
- You would be working closely with growing systems and processes including propagation, irrigation, fertigation and pest / disease recognition and control
- Should provide support and advice to Commercial Team
- Must contribute to regular Grower Advisories
Please apply for the position if you have the following experience / qualifications / knowledge:-
- Must have efficient organisational administrative skills
- Be an effective and confident communicator at all levels
- Be commercially aware and actively seek out new opportunities for the business
- Should hold, or be working towards BASIS qualification – we can fund this in full for the right candidate
- Must be familiar with growing systems and processes including propagation, irrigation, fertigation and pest / disease recognition and control
- Must be able to use Office software to produce reports, spreadsheets etc.
- Must be able to work flexibly under pressure and prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Must have fluent written and spoken English
Must have practical experience of top fruit farming
Start date: ASAP
Package: £35 – £36k per annum paid monthly in arrears plus car, phone and laptop
Reporting to: Senior partner
Please contact Frank or Georgie on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company