Are you looking for a new challenge within a leading supplier of Fresh Produce? This could be the role for you….A leading Fresh Produce company are looking for a highly ambitious Channel Manager to join their Sales team! This is a fantastic next step for a ambitious Commercially orientated Sales , Account or Business development Industry with current experience of the Fresh Produce Industry (or similar).
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Development of the companies emerging customers segment targeting significant growth in the Non retail sector (namely Discounters, Wholesale and RTM)
- Deliver a platform for their brand to be launched into the market
- Establish strategic partnerships with key Wholesaler(s) to develop our RTM plans
- Strategic planning of programmes, Discounters growth strategy, and retail customer plans
- Support the SAM for Wholesale deliver a platform for increased and more profitable sales
- Negotiation of Weekly/Yearly programme volumes and financial returns.
- Responsible for overseeing day to day trading process of the Emerging customers team
- Supporting the development of the trading team skillset & development
- Conduct seasonal reviews, category management sessions and planning for future year
- Long term formulation with Key customers, including input from procurement, supply chain, technical, packaging and sales manager/cat man team
- Work closely with technical & development teams on product knowledge and NPD
- Management of pre-season offers/programmes providing estimated availability
- Provide market updates and negotiating weekly or short/medium term fixed price programmes
- Prepare and conduct regular reviews of service levels, market share and quality performance
- General management of all key client growers supporting the emerging customers segment providing general order and packaging direction
- Utilising the Grower scorecard build key grower relationships and grower rationalisation by customer
- Provide actual/estimated customer sales and attend the daily/weekly internal meetings to provide a current trading position i.e. supply v demand.
- Liaison with the customer buyer/Trading managers daily/weekly on forecasts and any category issues, apply amendments to customer orders across category
- Promotional and demand planning with customer category teams
- Development of Account and assistant managers
- Support Sales Director in providing weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting and decision making in conjunction with Channel Managers
- Holding regular updates with internal teams and growers to track and course-correct strategy
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in Sales, Category and Account Management and ideally business development in the Fresh Produce , Food or FMCG Industry. Ideally you would currently be in a Senior Sales , Account Management,BDM or similar role and you would have proven experience in Brand management.
You would have outstanding communication skills with a confident and articulate telephone manner, together with solid numeracy and written skills.
We would expect the successful candidate to have current experience working with Fresh Produce Non retail and / or retail customers.
We are looking for someone who has extensive experience working in a comparable role, ideally within the Fresh Produce , Food or FMCG Industry
This is a senior role and the salary offered would reflect this.
Benefits: Bonus, Pension, Holiday
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company