JOB TITLE: Warehouse Operative
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Supervisor/ Manager
RELATIONSHIPS: Quality Control staff, warehouse staff, packhouse staff, transport staff, external customers
ACCOUNTABILITY: To work as a team and ensure all warehouse and administration processes are completed correctly, and to ensure that all customer orders are accurately picked and dispatched in accordance with the company specification.
To ensure that all Operational process in the warehouse is completed in a safe and timely manner to meet our customers’ requirements and always to ensure that all areas are clean and tidy and to the companies standard
- To ensure that all appropriate documentation is completed and accurate to the companies’ requirement.
- To ensure that all customers specifications and internal procedures are followed to the highest standard.
- To consistently work to Company Quality Standards, ensuring maximum output is achieved on your shift.
- Complete any training course needed to complete to perform job role.
- To be fully compliant of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- To ensure pallets are stacked correctly in a safe manner with in the facility.
- To endure that we stack Bails of Cardboard in a safe manner in the facility.
- To handle product in accordance with instructions, ensuring quality is not impaired by poor handling.
- To load vehicles with pallets and equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- To ensure that loading procedures are followed correctly and all relevant documentation is completed.
- Ensure the vehicle is clean and tidy and free from any taints, chemicals and foreign bodies that could affect Food safety.
- Check and record Temperatures of products in and on vehicle, if reading too high or low product, advise the Quality control management.
- Ensure that all arrivals are booked in correctly via the companies requirements.
- Ensure that all orders are picked according to the correct procedure.
- To apply box end labels to product with in the Warehouse.
- Use the RDT scanners on the Prophet system.
- Ensure that MHE batteries are filled with distilled water to correct level.
- Ensure that MHE equipment is placed on charge if and when required or at the end of each shift.
- Ensure that all arrears within the depot are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Collect rubbish and place in the compactor/Skip in a safe manner.Loading Supermarket / Market vehicles and unloading vehicles incoming arrivals of stock on vehicles
- Booking fruit in accurately
- Taking Temperatures
- Completing Documentation accurately for loading and unloading
- Uses RDT scanners
- MHE filling of batteries ( once trained)
- Completing Daily MHE Checks
- General Cleaning
- Any other duties that may fall within the capabilities of the job holder
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Must be trained to operate an electric pallet truck and fork lift (Must have current Counter balance and PPT Trained)
- Must have experience in a FMCG environment (Ideally in a Food, Fresh produce or Chilled Warehouse / Packhouse)
- Must be aware of and fully compliant with Health and Safety requirements.
- Must adhere to hygiene regulations at all times.
- Must wear appropriate protective clothing, footwear and headgear; jewellery and wrist watches are not allowed.
- Able to communicate with your Supervisors/ Managers.
- Methodical thinker.
- Ability to priorities and adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated work as a team player
- Great attention for detail
- Work on your own initiative
Shifts:- 6 days a week working on a variable shift pattern either 6.00am – 7.00am to 16.00 pm -or 17.00pm or 12- finish either shift
Please send over a CV to apply, only if you have the above experience – email@example.com (*this is just.co)