Senior Area Manager Position……
We are looking for ambitious and experienced Fresh Produce Warehouse and Logistics professionals to join a well respected and innovative fresh produce business. They are looking for a Area /Shift Manager to be based in their Warehouse. The successful candidate must have superb people management skills.
You will manage fresh produce production, labour management, H&S and Food Safety Standards with a focus on waste and costs.
With a proven track record of leading people within the fresh fruit sector you will be responsible for developing, training and supporting the Warehouse Team team to process the daily orders in full and in the most efficient manner.
With an understanding of fresh produce / fruit / food manufacturing and production you will be a ‘hands-on’ manager with excellent interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate must be ambitious and ready to drive improvement in this company
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintain warehouse staff – Rota planning, appraisals
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Plan, structure and organise work in order to: set relevant objectives; follow key logical plans; prioritise critical tasks; and monitor progress.
- Influence and guide opinions and behavior through relevant communication methods and develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders across the business
- Forge relationships and drive a strong and efficient workforce.
Experience & Personal Attributes:-
- Significant management experience within a Fresh Produce or similar environment
- A good understanding of HACCP
- Experience of managing, training and developing a team of supervisors/team leaders
- Proven strong people management skills
- Experience in Logistics and Warehouse Management
- Must be ambitious and ready to drive improvement in this company
- You will be a proactive and self-organised professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word and heavy email
- A strong leader who has demonstrated they can create a team environment and cooperation between departments
Please contact Georgina on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.