Our client is a well-known company in the fresh produce industry supplying a variety of UK retail and food service clients. Due to continued expansion and success they are looking for a experienced and highly capable Warehouse Manager to join their buzzing and thriving team in Kent
The successful candidate will be accountable for the end to end management of your business unit including managing efficiency, productivity, people planning and budget management.
Some of the Responsibilities would include:-
- To organise and oversee the safe, efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of warehouse materials, goods and products to satisfy business operations and customer demand;
- Responsible for Stock Control Team and the Stock Control of all customer product.
- Ensure the warehouse is ran as efficiently as possible in line with Budget as agreed with the Head of Operations.
- hands-on Management and organisation of the warehouse team.
- Responsible for the yard Supervisor and all external yard space and operations.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve team objectives as determined by management;
- Ensure structured training and development for self and team to enhance skill levels, product, knowledge, flexibility, absence cover, health, safety & welfare of your team;
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include space allocation and stock transfer;
- Working closely with the Planning department to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Organising and ensuring accurate and periodic cycle counts and stock takes;
- Timely and accurate transfer and recording of all internal stock movement
- Ensure the accuracy and strict control of all relevant documentation and administration relevant to your area;
- Ensure quality procedures and team quality targets are adhered to;
- Implement and promote the company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within the Warehouse;
- To be a key holder and open / lock up at appointed start and closing times as required;
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures, at all times
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Head of Operations
- Warehouse Management experience (At least 3 years + in a management role)
- Fresh Produce experience ideally
- Pick & pack operations experience
- Stocktaking experience Barcoding Operations
- Good IT skills mainly (Excel, Word & Outlook e-mails
- Fork lift operator license
- Excellent verbal communication;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers;
- Ability to function as part of a team;
- Diligent attention to detail and attention to safety;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Utmost professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm, self-confidence and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to use initiative ad be pro-active
- Results focused
- Open to sharing new ideas and methodology
- Willing to adapt and take on new challenges and drive to continually improve
- Strong degree of flexibility within a multi targeted environment
- Team player
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company