JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Account Manager, Non Retail, Non retail Account Manager, Non retail Sales Manager, Sales Manager, wholesale, Wholesale Sales
This is a very exciting position for a Account Manager from the Fresh Produce Industry to join a highly successful and well known Fresh Produce company in Kent.
The Account Manager position is to join the lively and growing Wholesale desk to Coordinate sale of Fruit to Wholesalers and Food Service to optimise grower returns. The Account Manager will also be excerpted to provide marketing advice to growers and manage and develop the Wholesale Customer Panel and Food Service Clients.
- DAILY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Call customers to receive verbal sales update.
- Collate fruit availability from growers.
- Manage distribution of fruit through SOPS to meet haulage deadlines.
- Verify that customer prices meet expected values and input into the SOPS.
- Guide commission customers on expected future returns and set fixed price sales.
- Publish sales returns to growers daily.
- Out of hours service.
- Explore new business opportunities with the customers detailed above.
- KEY STRATEGIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grower meetings.
- Internal communication of market price movements and intelligence.
- Market customer visits as required
- Development of new customers.
- Participate in execution of sales function departmental strategy.
- Support and develop new ways of working
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role within the fruit industry
- Evidence of Account Management / Sales Management experience , preferably working with Wholesalers or similar.
- Excellent customer facing experience and a excellent telephone manner
- Well developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720599. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F558