A leading Fresh Produce company in Kent are looking for a Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager to join their Finance team!
Competitive Salary + benefits
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Responsible for managing the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams, reporting directly to the Head of Finance.
- Liaising with your teams, internal departments and external stakeholders to ensure proactive debtor cash collection and supplier payment management thereby optimising the cash flow for the business.
- Day to day supervision and line management responsibilities of the Sales Ledger Team (3 employees) and Purchase Ledger Team (3 employees) to ensure the teams run efficiently.
- Develop AR and AP dashboard of KPIs.
- Working closely with the Financial Controller to ensure transactions are performed in line with company policies.
- Establish review processes within the teams and implement changes where appropriate to ensure efficiency.
- Develop long term relationships by seeking opportunities to work with other departments.
- Keep Head of Finance and Financial Controller up-to-date with team achievements, strengths and issues.
- Dealing with ad-hoc duties as required.
- Overseeing testing of system upgrades to the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger.
- Supporting the Accountants with reconciliation queries on the ledgers.
- Ensure collection of cash in a timely manner, management of aged debt and limit the company’s exposure to bad debt.
- Liaising with the credit insurance company.
- Building customer relationships including site visits to customers where necessary.
- Assisting the team during busy periods.
- Ensure all accounts operate within their credit limits as prescribed by our credit insurance company.
- Regular debt reporting to Head of Finance.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out correctly and on time including the processing of invoices and payment runs.
- Oversee processing of weekly wages payroll information
- Assisting the PL team during busy periods.
- Ensuring new supplier accounts are set up correctly ensuring compliance to internal procedures.
- Regular review of the Creditors reporting to Head of Finance.
- Evidence of extensive experience working in a comparable role, preferably within the Fresh Produce , Food or FMCG Industry
- Ability to relate to key stakeholder personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- At least 2 years + (current) in a similar role
- Accounts payable / receivable experience
- Previous people management experience is essential
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all stakeholder requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
Reports to: Head of Finance
This could be your incredible chance to start a long career within the Industry… Send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or call Frank or Georgina on 07734 861 080 / 01273 720 599 to discuss this opportunity.
|Job Category||Accountant, Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager, Accounts Payable Manager, Finance, Finance Manager|
|Type||Finance, Accounts Payable|
|Salary||Competitive with benefits|