A innovative and highly successful Fresh Produce company are looking for a experienced Agronomist, specialised in Fresh Produce / Fruit to join their team and hit the ground running…..
The salary will be dependent on experience
Location : West Midlands
- To promote agronomic best practice in order that our client’s grower members may become the most technically competent, profitable and aware in the UK industry, and specifically to:
• Understand and appreciate the aims of the company’s Advisory Service.
• Undertake regular visits to members’ farms to a schedule agreed with each individual member and Senior Regional Agronomist prior to the commencement of each season, to include;
• Pest and disease monitoring reported by ICMS Sheet following each visit
• Control recommendations provided through the Muddy Boots platform, including use and distribution of ‘beneficial species’
• Crop notes and photos to be communicated to the grower highlighting specific issues• Incorporation and interpretation of trapping data provided by the pest monitoring team
• Organise and participate in taking of soil or substrate, plant, leaf or sap samples, including ‘Plant Health’ testing.
• Planning and prescription of Integrated Pest Management Strategies
• Basic Crop husbandry and hygiene recommendations, in accordance with Senior Regional Agronomists direction
• Irrigation strategy recommendations
• Analysis of growing media and ‘fertigation’ management recommendations
• Environmental management recommendations
• Flower mapping interpretation
• Interpretation of Plant health testing results
- Demonstrate ability and confidence in systems and hardware provided to efficiently collate crop monitoring information and provide safe and legal remedial applications
- Supporting research programmes and adaption of new technologies on farm
- Support and advise the introduction of beneficial new varieties. Assisting in selecting most suitable varieties for the site, soil and production systems, and to ensure that the best agronomic practices for each of the new varieties are being acted upon and implemented.
- Liaise and collaborate with Pest Monitoring teams to plan distribution and maintenance of pest monitoring traps and devices
- To assist with hosting and facilitating training events, meetings farm walks and any other such events held to support and expand members (and their staff’s) knowledge and understanding.
- Contribute to a regular fortnightly technical bulletin and disseminate useful and pertinent agronomic information obtained from industry meetings and events, for distribution to other technical colleagues and, where appropriate, for circulation to all members.
- Assists with training and development of trainees as directed by Senior Regional Agronomists or Agronomy Manager.
- Dedicate time towards maintaining and increasing own familiarity with all crops produced by the companies Growers, through personal development.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual, able to work alone and unsupervised
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as requires
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
• BASIS and FACTS qualifications essential.
• UK (or equivalent) Driving License
• Good level of written and spoken English Language
Reports to: Senior Regional Agronomists
Please contact the FMK Consulting team to discuss the role and your experience on 01273 720 599 / 077634 861080 . Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Agriculture, Agronomist, Agronomy|