A innovative and highly successful Fresh Produce company are looking for a experienced Agronomist, specialised in Fresh Produce / Fruit to join their team in Scotland.
The successful Agronomist will be responsible for promoting agronomic best practice in order that the companies grower members may become the most technically competent, profitable and aware in the UK industry, and specifically to:
- Gain full accreditation and qualification in BASIS and FACTS certification schemes.
- Understand and appreciate the overall, holistic, aims of the Advisory Service.
- Undertake regular visits to members’ farms to a schedule agreed with each individual member prior to the commencement of each season.
- To assist in the provision of agronomic support required by each member selected from the Advisory Service menu:
- Performance and production Benchmarking
- Crop production planning
- Fertiliser and Fertigation recommendations
- Environmental management recommendations
- Crop Husbandry recommendations
- Flower mapping interpretation
- Labour profiling
- Supporting research programmes
- Irrigation recommendations
- Pest and disease monitoring and control recommendations
- Plant health testing
- Substrate analysis and management recommendations
- Taking soil or substrate, plant, leaf or sap samples and providing interpretation and advice from the analysis results returned or plant clinic report.
- The above should be recorded and advised in a manner agreed upon by the grower and all remedial applications recommended using the software provided.
- To write weekly technical notes for inclusion in a regular in house bulletin, circulated to all grower members via the Extranet website. This should cover the most relevant current cultural topics for crops, highlighting particular areas of attention in that relevant period.
- To take part in farm walks, meetings and any other such events held to support members and information sharing.
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Well-developed personal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with a wide range of employees
- Good interpersonal skills and well developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to delegate effectively and to follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries and Be able to manage and motivate individuals to work and cooperate as a team
- Proactive approach and prompt responses to all service requests
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good time management and organisational skills with the ability to handle a number of tasks at once and meeting deadlines as required
- Very good organisational skills
- Good IT skills including experience of Word and Excel
• BASIS and FACTS qualifications essential.
• UK (or equivalent) Driving Licence
• Good level of written and spoken English Language
- Experience in a Agronomy or similar role within a similar Industry is essential
Please contact Georgina Kinsella on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Agronomist, Agronomy|
|Salary||Competitive + Beneifts|