JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Head of Sales & Purchasing
West Midlands (Location - Flexible), UK
business development, Business Development Manager, Category Director, Head of Business Development, Head of Buying, Head of Purchasing, purchasing, Trader, Trading Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious self-motivated professional, who has the career aspirations to make a real impact and make a name in the industry.
Our client are a fresh produce wholesale distribution company who successfully supply the British Isles and EU with imported and UK quality fresh produce.
As the Head of Sales & Purchasing you will be leading all elements of the division including, Purchasing, Sales, promotional planning/evaluation, P&L, business and market reporting, forecasting and developing customer service processes and metrics, to ensure the smooth and profitable running of customer accounts.
This is a significant opportunity for a driven individual to manage and build a successful trading team and their own career within our organisation.
Overall, this successful Fresh Produce company can offer plenty of opportunities to grow within this company; They are looking for someone who wants to develop their career and reputation in the trade, over a long period of time. This is an excellent career opportunity to expand and gain the recognition and reward for your success and efforts.
This is a role only suitable for someone who really believes in their ability to be a success!!
What they are looking for from you?
- 10+ year’s successful record of Trading and managing a trading team an advantage, this role needs someone who is proactive and a solution provider.
- Experience within the Fresh Produce sector or FMCG Industry is imperative as is a wholesale trading background.
- A proven track record in Business Development / Trading /Purchasing in Fresh produce
- Knowledge of working with fast moving products and working both with ‘Programmed sales’ and ‘spot pricing’.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Highly commercially aware and have a reputation and record of achievement to back it up.
- We are looking for someone who has strong business development skills; a candidate who can open new doors and develop relationships with new and existing suppliers – customers.
- Maintains trading staff job results by being a good team motivator, leading by example, training, supporting, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Able to make a real difference, committed to achieving targets, are results orientated, driven to succeed, fast paced, passionate about quality and customer care
- You will have experience of managing suppliers across the world, the logistics of bringing into the country and distribution.
- You will ideally have experience of managing large customer accounts, working with wholesale markets, Importers, distributors, service providers, catering sector, packers, processors
- Receptiveness to change within a fast moving industry
- Desire to join a hardworking, exciting growing team
- Most important – a passion for fresh produce!
Trading fresh produce, Exotics an advantage
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Marketing Concepts, Positioning
- People Management, Territory Management
- Sales Planning
- Competitive Analysis
- Understanding the Customer
- Product Development
- Client Relationships
- Creative Services
Package: £80,000 + negotiable, plus car allowance and bonus (uncapped), package
Salary is negotiable and extra incentives are offered depending on the level you come in at
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at email@example.com
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F155