We are looking for a Buyer / Order Writer to join a well known Food company in the UK. This is a exciting opportunity to join a international company with a fantastic reputation.
- Maintain exceptional level of customer service to stores.
- Accurately forecasts demand in collaboration with merchandising team
- Ensure new products are fulfilled on time in full
- Works to minimise waste (Spoilage / Shrink) in collaboration with quality control specialist
- Maintain awareness of new products, research new vendors and regularly incorporate new products into overall product mix.
- Ensure accuracy of cost and sell prices.
- Provide correct product information to Order Management in order to print accurate pick tickets.
- Authorize payment of invoices or returned merchandise.
- Coordinate and expedite most cost effective transportation of purchases.
- Work closely with vendors to maximize service and minimize cost on assigned products.
- Select and order merchandise from showings by manufacturers and brokers.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive vendor relationships.
- Maximize margins through inventory management, negotiation, category management, forward buys, and price items appropriately for resale.
- Stay abreast of product knowledge and industry trends by becoming familiar with customer’s attitudes, preference, and purchasing problems.
- Monitor inventory levels and prepare Purchase Orders.
- Inspect and grade or appraise agricultural commodities, or other merchandise to determine value and yield.
- Inspect exchanged or refunded merchandise.
- Participation in quarterly physical inventories.
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationship with Facility Team Leader, Store Teams, DC Team and Merchandising Team Purchasing Director, other Directors, Team Leaders, all Team Members and, Regional Product Coordinators.
- Models and cultivates effective inter-department and inter-facility communication.
- Maintain and facilitate communication with department Specialists and Team Leaders at the store level regarding product movement, new items, specials, margins, credits, and discontinued items.
- Support Internal and External Audit (Soil Association and other relevant authorities)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the Fresh Produce or Foods, ideally the health food Industry is highly advantageous
- Responsible for ensuring that all vendor organic certifications are on hand and current
- Consistently communicate and model our clients vision and standards
- Communicate and maintain employee safety and security standards
- Outstanding verbal and written communicator
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well with others, self-motivated and capable of working independently with little supervision. Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the Distribution Centre, including nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Self-motivated with high attention to detail and thoroughness in approach with all paperwork
Desired Work Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or 1-2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education
- Knowledge of the Fresh Produce / Food (or similar) Industry
- You would have previous experience working in a similar role
The role is based in Dartford
Send a CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to apply for the role.
|Salary||£32,000 - £35,000|