Our client is a well respected Import and Distribution company based in one of the UK’s major Wholesale market (London). They are currently involved in Salad and specialty Fruit and vegetables. Their aim is to expand into the categories of Citrus, Melon, Avocado and Grape. Therefore we are on the hunt for a experienced Category Manager from the Fresh Produce Industry!
Your core role will be to maintain existing account relationships and develop any new areas of the business where appropriate. You will develop an understanding of a number of product areas and accounts to develop and maximize growth opportunities.
You will have access to a panel of Exporters globally, matched to a strong customer base in the UK and Europe.
So essentially you will micro manage all aspects of the chain and be responsible for the divisions profitability and performance.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking Company with plenty of scope for you to add value. In this role you will be reporting to and working along side the Sales Director.
To be considered for this role we are looking for some-one with the following attributes
- Fresh produce industry experience is essential – The areas of most interest are Citrus/Melons/Avocados/ Grape
- Attention to detail – all duties must be carried out with a very high level of accuracy sometimes in a pressured environment
- Decision making – candidate must be able to make decisions confidently whilst understand the consequences in the absence of the Commercial Manager
- Negotiation – the right candidate will need experience in price negotiations
- Team player – working as part of a close knit commercial and technical team and communicating well within the team
- Please note that this job description is not exhaustive and the Job Holder will be expected to carry out any duties as required by their respective Manager and the needs of the customer.
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good contacts in all wholesale markets/Retails sector/Food Services
- customer facing skills
- Work with the team to implement and develop new ideas and better ways of working
- Develop a procurement strategy with existing and new suppliers in current or new product areas which delivers growth and more importantly profit
Location: The Successful candidate can work from home (UK Based only).
Salary will reflect Industry experience and Knowledge
Please contact Georgina Kinsella on 01273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Category Manager|
|Salary||£Salary plus commission based on your sale|
|Job Type||Full Time|