JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Commercial, Commercial Director, Commercial Executive, Commercial Manager, Sales Director, Sales Manager
This is a very exciting opportunity for a Commercial manager/Director to join a successful and growing Fresh Produce company in Evesham….The successful candidate needs to have fresh produce experience with relationships with the major UK retailers.
- The Commercial Director will be responsible for planning and executing procurement, stock control and product development programs to build a profitable business.
- To forecast procurement plans in conjunction with the Sales Director in order to plan correct volumes with growers to meet or exceed the designated targets.
- To maintain and develop supplier accounts. In conjunction with the Sales Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the management of the technical and production departments in order to meet or exceed both technical and production targets.
- You will play a key role in maximising the efficiency of the business in order to maximise the profit of the company.
- The Commercial Director will be responsible for developing and managing a reporting system whereby the performance of the business can be monitored and evaluated. These reports are to be submitted to the board of directors on a weekly basis.
- As a critical member of our leadership team, the role requires both regular office and packhouse hours, and be prepared to put in extra hours when necessary dependent on the needs of the business.
You will act as cover to the Sales Director, so knowledge and understanding of that role is required.
While the site in Evesham will be a base, the role requires out-of-office activities such as visiting customers, growers, depots, conferences, exhibitions, and to keep abreast of changes in the market place. There will also be travel, in both the UK, and abroad.
The Commercial Director will act alongside the Sales Director in the running of the Evesham site and from time to time may need to perform other management tasks.
- Strong Commercial / Sales experience working with UK Retailers.
- Good business sense, combined with initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Highly committed and motivated with little need for direction.
- Knowledge of fresh produce an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- A track record in negotiation and demonstrating business growth.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Good people skills with the ability to mentor and coach.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Practical, focused and reliable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Build relationships with suppliers, a platform with which to build existing business.
- Seeking out new suppliers and growers.
- Managing the technical and production team in conjunction with the Commercial Director
- Contribute to the formulation of sales & procurement strategy
- Identifying emerging markets.
- Contribute to any R&D and NPD process.
- Forecasting future procurement plans.
- Serving as a representative at industry events and working parties.
- Maximising company profit.
- Adapting the business to changes in the market place.
- Form strategies to remain competitive and innovative.
- Keep abreast of market research and adjust accordingly.
- Develop systems to improve the measurement of performance in all areas of the business to improve the efficiency of the company.
- Develop grower strategies to deliver the sales plants for the business
- Provide the board of directors with detailed weekly sales reports
- Provide the board of directors with detailed weekly operational reports
- In conjunction with the Crop managers, provide the board of directors with detailed weekly farming reports
The role will report director to the Board of Directors
Please contact Georgina or Frank on 01273 720 599 / 07734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F342