This is a genuine opportunity for a strong and talented Commercial Manager to develop and thrive in a fast paced and exciting environment with a ‘Dream Team’ who work by collaboration and mutual respect for each other.
Our client has a fabulous , hard earned and well-deserved reputation within the Fresh Produce Industry for Quality , Service, Honesty, Loyalty and in addition the chance too deal with great smart people . Their business model is based on integrated supply – Grower to Customer. They have several imitators but in practice they have continually proved to be agile, totally refreshing and first in the field to convert and drive well conceived initiatives into welcome and obvious solutions for their customer base. Currently involved in a impressive strategic launch which will (and has) upstaged the competition even at its early stages. So, they are looking for a Commercial Manager who is not ‘run of the mill’, is daring , inventive and definitely excited about a new challenge within a strong and healthy business environment. This is a place of work to enjoy and thrive in!
We would expect you to come in and nurture current customers, future-proof their continuing business and develop new sectors / customers leading this and collaborate and engage the rest of the team
- Reporting to and working alongside Commercial Director
- Grow the Retail business and key customer accounts
- Build strong relationships and promote integration with customer teams.
- Manage commercial activities on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis.
- Effectively plan and prioritise commercial activities with the Team and Customers.
- Manage product, service, pricing and costs according to agreed strategy and tactical objectives.
- Work with Operations, Procurement, Technical and Customer Insight teams to comprehensively understand the category performance and activity.
- Work alongside Senior Commercial Manages as a team to ensure commercial team flexibility
- Identify , propose and initiate new business opportunities.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend , orchestrate and present at retailer and key account meetings
- Deal directly with key growers when required.
- Attend Retail customer commercial visits to growers to develop relationships and commercial objectives.
- Have a full understanding of all aspects of the business.
- Previous Commercial experience within fresh produce supply or retail sector
- Show a high level of numerical ability, problem solving and analytical capability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate Commercial astuteness and fully developed Business skills.
- The ability to work in a fast paced pressurised business environment.
- Strong rapport builder both internally working with a team and external stakeholders.
- The willingness and flexibility to work the hours required.
- Experience should show successful working relationships with Key Account customers
- Experience in tendering processes
You would be ….
- Professional and effective communicator with a natural ability to build relationships and engender loyalty
- Passionate about Quality and Service
- Keen to continually develop personally
- Be passionate and committed to your work
- A confident and capable leader able to influence internal and external colleagues
- Curious and investigative nature
This could be your incredible chance to start a long career within the Industry… Send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or call Frank or Georgina on 07734 861 080 / 01273 720 599 to discuss this opportunity.
|Job Category||Account Manager, Commercial Manager, Senior Commercial Manager|
|Salary||Up to £80,000 DOE|