Our client is famous for their unique varieties of Blueberry and they are respected as exporters and growers around the World .
Their UK office is looking for a Commercial Technical Assistant to the Commercial Director.
This role is all encompassing , Marketing, Customer Insight, Benchmarking, Market research, Analytics, Category research ,reporting and processing findings. We would be delighted if you had Blueberry or Soft Fruit experience, if not ideally worked within Fresh Produce categories . Initiative, drive and the ability to work on your own are key attributes to make the most of your Marketing talents.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a international Fresh Produce company who has a global business and brand presence
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide support to Global Commercial Director and provide commercial administrative support to the relevant in country commercial and technical teams.
KEY PERFORMANCE OUTPUTS
Business Development and Marketing Support
• Support the Manager: Marketing Operations with any in market targeted marketing activities to support the development of the company brand or any other relationship marketing based activities with existing clients (retailers) that typically have private label programs.
• Any other general brand and marketing support as directed by the marketing function.
Commercial Support (Consumer Side)
• Provide further support to the commercial team in terms of the following;
• Managing the process of sending samples to clients for benchmark testing,
• Maintain a database of benchmark tests, UE varieties and competitor varieties in market,
• Implement and maintain a benchmarking system for markets that UE operates in, in the UK and EU.
• Sharing the information with the correct business stakeholders.
• Provide administrative support to the global commercial director and the UK and EU commercial team.
• Arrange and liaise with 3rd party quality surveyors in UK in the event of growers querying and quality assessment from UK clients.
• Drive client evaluation and customer segmentation process.
Commercial Support (Grower Side)
• Communicate timeously with the grower side commercial team with regards to;
• Benchmark testing feedback (client and competitive),
• Notify grower side commercial and technical team of any scheduled client visits.
• Provide administrative support to be delivered on the consumer side as requested by the grower side commercial team if and when required.
• Develop Relationships with UK and European Key Customer/Retailers Technical contacts.
• Assist on any Specific Technical request from Customers , from all Fruit Production areas worldwide.
• Follow up on any specific Technical/Customer trials.
• Collate and Maintain and Quality feedback from Customers , on a Weekly/Seasonal basis.
• Make Technical/Quality visits to Customers on a Regular basis , Pre season and during the season.
• Promote Key Points of Difference of Fruit Genetics, from a Quality perspective.
• Consolidate all primary research to share with the business and in particular the commercial and marketing functions,
• Monitor and provide feedback on competitor activity in a consumable format to the correct business stakeholders.
Interpersonal relations and communication
• Communicate internally with management, peers or subordinates and externally with customers, the public, government and others by providing information by telephone, written format or email.
• Travel will be required in order to perform the Primary Role which will be of a regional nature in the UK and the EU.
• All travel to be approved in accordance with Company Policy.
KEY COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS)
• Computer literacy: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ERP systems.
• Efficient support to a senior sales team.
• Good understanding of the sales process.
• Good understanding of the fruit industry.
• Good understanding of customer technical and quality requirements.
• Basic Market Research
• Accounting reporting experience (advantageous)
Character traits for success include:
• Highly independent
• Self motivated and highly productive
• High level of accuracy, attention to detail
• Highly dependable and dedicated.
• Strong levels of cooperation
• Excellent communication (written and verbal)
Making it happen:
The Commercial Assistant will:
• Have the ability to offer support to both new business development and
• Have the ability to support the global commercial director at all times
• Offer commercial support to both consumers and growers
• Have the ability to perform market research
• Implement and maintain a benchmarking system for markets that United
Exports operates in, in the UK and EU
• Provide administrative support to the global commercial director and the UK
and EU commercial team
• Provide benchmark testing feedback
• Support the global commercial director with any marketing related activities
• Be available for limited travel
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Detail and results orientated.
• Ability to work as part of a team
Minimum Skills / Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification advantageous
- Experience dealing with customers
- 3-4 years in a similar working environment
Please call Frank or Georgie to discuss the position on 01273 720599 or send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will give you a call back ASAP
|Job Category||Commercial, Commercial Executive, Commercial Sales Manager, Commercial Technical Assistant, Marketing Assistant|
|Salary||Circa £38,000 DOE|