This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for a Senior Finance professional. A leading global player in the Fresh Produce Industry are looking for a Finance Director to join the Board of directors…..This could be that perfect job you have always been looking for!
Salary offered is excellent and will reflect the experience / knowledge expected for this role
- The Finance Director role offers someone the opportunity to work in a fast-moving environment reporting to the CEO.
- The role has full responsibility for the financial management of the business and manage the full finance team. Naturally, you’ll be expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings, with the most profitable outcomes.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Provide leadership to the Board’s Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- You will be responsible for leading and developing the finance team and all aspects of financial management, including but not limited to:
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting of business performance, forecasts and KPI’s
- Monthly management accounts and 12 month outlooks
- Developing and reporting KPI’s
- Cost control and understanding all key cost trends
- Managing working capital and funding arrangements
- Ownership of relevant third party relationships
- Compliance obligations including audit and tax
- Ensuring that the company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- You will be a key player in driving process improvements in the finance team as well as providing insightful financial analysis for the Executive management team and the Board. The Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances but will also be commercially aware, advising on the best path of growth for the business.
- You will be responsible for leading, developing and compliance of the grant funding activities of the Co-operative including EU Fruit & Vegetable Regime and Innovate UK projects.
- You would currently be in a Senior Finance, Finance Director or Head of Finance role.
- Strong appreciation of our business needs and resourcefulness in coming up with solutions to their challenges
- Ability to relate to key client personnel in a professional and credible fashion
- Good interpersonal skills and well-developed leadership and management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team with colleagues across professional, operational and cultural boundaries
- Ability to identify needs and issues and recommend suitable and pragmatic courses of action and solutions, adopting a risk aware approach
- Good IT skills and experience of ERP and financial reporting software
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Full professional accountancy qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Board level finance experience
- Strong analytical approach
- It is not essential that the Finance Director is from within the Fresh Produce Industry, however a understanding of FMCG or similar Industries is essential due to the nature of the business.
Please contact Georgina or Frank on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Finance, Finance Director|