Fresh Food Quality and Technical Manager
Our client are looking for a food quality technical manager to join their thriving Fresh Food business to help us deliver their fantastic growing range to their UK customers to the required standards every day. You will take the lead to make sure all our products meet the highest level of food safety, quality and integrity.
Someone with working knowledge of Fresh produce and ideally dairy, meat and bakery items would be an advantage.
Hours of work 7am – 4pm
What you will do and be responsible for –
- Develop and implement a technical strategy, to drive best practices across the business, customers and supplier partners.
- Design and implement and keep updated the HACCP Food Safety Plan.
- Accountable for HACCP & food safety training were needed for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required programs
- Ensure improvement plans for customer complaints and non-conformances
- Direct, plan and implement traceability testing and monitoring
- Provide direction and influence for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of all quality systems
- Responsible for Audits and have a good understanding of BRC.
- Maintaining and distributing all allergen and nutritional information on products.
- Be responsible for any external industry bodies ascertaining to food safety/hygiene technical standards.
- Ability to analyse data and provide any actionable insight.
- Set up and maintain the Business QA Plan, map and oversee all processes to include inward goods and final product dispatch.
- Oversee all product specifications required, setting standards and monitoring attainment.
- Work closely with Account Managers to satisfy QC requirements, specifications and resolve any discrepancies.
- manage the collation and circulation of procedures, reports, and manuals.
- To carry out accurate product assessments at goods in and during manual grading, weighing, packing, sealing, and palletization.
- Work proactively to deal and resolve all issues and inquiries from the customer complaints and rejections.
- To maintain and participate in a positive release system ensuring all products issued for dispatch are of the desired quality with accurate labelling and that customer specifications are satisfied.
- To achieve an in-depth knowledge of the characteristics of all products handled and how quality varies according to the season, variety, and origin.
- To monitor the conditioning, grading, packing, and quality through to final delivery to ensure that specification is strictly adhered to
- To maintain the appropriate documentation for all Quality related issues.
Knowledge, skills, experience: –
- Relevant product and process knowledge relating to fresh produce or FMCG activities.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in quality Control.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience creating and documenting processes.
- Experience of leading on audits and inspections.
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of food hygiene standards and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills essential – verbal and written
If you have the required technical and QC background in the UK fresh food industry please contact the FMK Consulting team on 07734 861080 / 01273 720 599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
|Job Category||Food Technical Quality Manager, Quality Assurance, Quality Controller, Quality Manager, Technical, Technical Manager|