Fresh Food Quality Manager
Our client is looking for a food Quality Manager to join their thriving Fresh Food business to help deliver their growing range of Fresh Produce to their UK customers at the required standards every day. You will take the lead to make sure all their products meet the highest level of food safety, quality and integrity.
Someone with working knowledge of Fresh produce and specifically Fruit, Vegetables, Salads , dairy, meat and bakery items would be an advantage.
Responsible For: Quality Staff, Print Room, and Hygienist
Support the Company in achieving and maintaining all Quality Matters.
To Manage Q.A. and Print Room Teams and set excellent standards in all sections of the business..
Summary of Duties: Organise and maintain the work rota for the Q.A. and Print Room team. Manage and ensure that the Q.A. and Print Room teams operate efficiently and follow all company procedures and policies.
Hours of work 7am – 4pm
What you will do and be responsible for –
· To ensure that Product is thoroughly Inspected on Intake, Online and Positive Release and that the required Quality Standards are adhered to at All Times and ensure All Products meet Customer Specifications/EEC Standards in Full.
· Responsible for goods-in quality inspection
· Responsible for stock rotation, stock quality checks
· Develop and implement a technical strategy, to drive best practices across the business, customers and supplier partners.
· Design and implement and keep updated the HACCP Food Safety Plan.
· Accountable for HACCP & food safety training were needed for the facility to ensure compliance and execution of required programs
· Ensure improvement plans for customer complaints and non-conformances
· Direct, plan and implement traceability testing and monitoring
· Provide direction and influence for the development, implementation and continuous improvement of all quality systems
· Responsible for Audits and have a good understanding of BRC. (Desirable)
· Maintaining and distributing all allergen and nutritional information on products.
· Be responsible for any external industry bodies ascertaining to food safety/hygiene technical standards.
· Ability to analyse data and provide any actionable insight.
· Set up and maintain the Business QA Plan, map and oversee all processes to include goods Inwards and final product dispatch.
· Oversee all product specifications required, setting standards and monitoring attainment.
· Work closely with Account Managers to satisfy QC requirements, specifications and resolve any discrepancies.
· Manage the collation and circulation of procedures, reports, and manuals.
· To carry out accurate product assessments at goods in and during manual grading, weighing, packing, sealing, and palletization.
· Work proactively to deal and resolve all issues and inquiries from the customer complaints and rejections.
· To maintain and participate in a positive release system ensuring all products issued for dispatch are of the desired quality with accurate labelling and that customer specifications are satisfied.
· To achieve an in-depth knowledge of the characteristics of all products handled and how quality varies according to the season, variety, and origin.
· To monitor the conditioning, grading, packing, and quality through to final delivery to ensure that specification is strictly adhered to
· To maintain the appropriate documentation for all Quality related issues.
Knowledge, skills, experience: –
· Relevant product and process knowledge relating to fresh produce or FMCG activities.
· 5 years’ minimum experience in quality Control.
· Ability to work independently and autonomously.
· Self-motivated with critical attention to detail.
· Demonstrated experience creating and documenting processes.
· Experience of leading on audits and inspections.
· Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of food hygiene standards and procedures.
· Excellent communication skills essential – verbal and written
Please contact Frank or Georgina to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role
|Salary||Competitive , DOE|