Our client, one of the top five UK Award winning Supermarkets, is seeking a Buying Director specifically for their Fresh Produce Category. This new role represents a strategically critical phase in their UK Market development. The new Buying Director will be one of the most powerful individuals within the Fresh Produce Category in UK Retailing; being the key source of knowledge and outright expert in this category.
The candidate should be an extraordinarily skilful communicator able to convey and gain allegiance to both the strategy and tactics within their team and the supply base. In addition demonstrating a proven track record and successful negotiation with senior stakeholders. Strong Leadership and management skills are required to motivate and commit an already top performing team.
The candidate will have a thorough and expert understanding of the Fresh Produce Market Place and Supply Chain, with a vision that acknowledges its complexities and achieves the Category strategy and targets.
This is a high-profile role. The appointee will report directly to the Group Buying Director as a key member of the Commercial Executive team.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previously undertaken a role at the highest level in buying or category management within Fresh Produce environment.
- Demonstrate a clear ability to think strategically and contribute to the wider goals and aims of the business
- Have a proven track record of achievement in Sourcing and Buying Fresh Produce
- Have demonstratable experience of successfully negotiating and achieving productive long-term supplier relationships
- Be an advocate for the development of others, including being able to demonstrate experience of motivating and coaching individuals to challenge themselves to achieve.
- Show initiative and adaptability, with a willingness to tackle and resolve complex challenges.
- Possess a confident and measured manner with the ability to engage at all levels in the business. Excellent communication skills a must.
- Ability to work with pace and accuracy in a fast-moving environment
- Critical problem solver able to resolve issues in a consistent, transparent and effective manner.
- Establish methods and practices to achieve continuous improvement.
If you would like to discuss this FANTASTIC position, call the FMK Consulting team – Frank or Georgie on 01273 720599 or send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come back to you straight away.
|Job Category||Buying Director, Director, Juicy|
|Salary||Six Figure Salary + Excellent Package|