JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Agriculture, Agronomist, Crop Manager, Growing Manager
A leading Fresh Produce company are keen to speak with experienced Growing Managers…..
To be responsible for growing a high yielding crop that meet the needs of retail supermarket customer specifications including quality assurance, crop husbandry, achieving production targets & goals in areas designated by Head of Growing. Managing and Monitoring the cycle from plant delivery to harvest.
- Quality of plants – Ensure that all purchased plants meet our clients quality specification. Report any problems to the Head of Growing immediately.
- Pre-planting & Planting – Ensure that tunnels and troughs are prepared in accordance with operational procedure as directed by the Head of Growing, including stock control of relevant materials. Oversea the planting operations and quality of all commercial crops
- Crop Maintenance & Husbandry – Plan and deliver against the annual husbandry tasks and labour requirements. Implement irrigation, fertigation and plant protection products as required throughout the season and maintain records to enable future analysis and improvements. Ensure that spraying is in compliance with current legislation and agreed guidelines.
- Yield information & Crop Calendar – Providing accurate yield information, developing an annual crop calendar, husbandry manpower plan, carry out monthly stock takes of chemical and fertilizers; ensure that field maps are correct and up to date.
- Crop monitoring – Ensure that crop and environmental systems are accurately controlled and monitored all the times. Arrange leaf, soil and water analysis to the matrix plan. Ensure bio controls are applied in time. Ensure pests and diseases are monitored and appropriate action is taken. Produce a crop prediction report on weekly basis. Ensure that all growing practices and procedures are compliant with Nurtures Choice, Assured Produce and any other auditing bodies.
- Quality assurance & Communication – Work closely with Technical Department. Ensure that any potential problems are reported to Head of Growing or in his absence the operations Director.
What we are looking for:-
- Someone with at least 4-5 years in a similar role
- Must have ‘hands on’ growing management experience
- Must have Fresh Produce experience (current)
- FACTS, BASIS, PRIVA, PA1, 2, 6a and b. preferable.
- You would be commercial focused and understand how an effective and efficiently run growing operation can contribute to stronger overall business profitability.
- You would be a strong communicator and be used to working with growing teams in a similar way
We are looking for someone with experience in strawberries in table top production along with excellent skills in the use of PRIVA and knowledge of heating.
Please contact Georgina or Frank on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at email@example.com
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F942