Pre-Production (Harvest) Manager
Our client is one of the top mushroom producers in Europe, with major plants based in the UK and Ireland. The UK operation is considered to be the most advanced in the country using innovative automated harvesting techniques that are revolutionising the industry. As part of their growth strategy and increase in demand for their diverse range of products they are looking for a Mushroom Harvest Manager to join their Yorkshire based operation.
Managing the harvesting of mushrooms in a sensitive and delicate manner to reach the desired pick rates for the efficient harvesting of the mushroom crops, managing the planning and organisation of the houses along with the Pickers & Placers competencies, Supervisor competencies, training and H&S and food safety for the houses.
- Ensuring picking quality and quantity to reach targets set per hour per picker.
- Training, coaching and mentoring people/supervisors to reach the desired level of pick rates.
- Completing Manning plans for the growing rooms and organising staff with agency if/when required.
- Making decisions on staffing, recruitment and general people planning.
- Assess the crop within the houses on a daily basis and ensure the correct manning and plans are in place in line with anticipated yields.
- Attend the daily operations meeting to plan people, yields, houses and hours of work for the following day.
- Ensure customer orders are fulfilled by planning picking with packhouse sales requirements
- Ensure New Pickers & Placers following relevant safe systems of work and Safe operating procedure.
- Encourage positive and cohesive teamwork to hit picking targets for the day.
- Liaise with the Harvesting Team Leaders, Harvesting Supervisors, Growing Manager, Production Manager & Engineering Manager with any issues with team members, yields, Machinery.
- Ensure you work safely in line with protocol.
- Report any issues to Operations Director immediately and promptly.
- To detect and rectify any issues in a timely manner, which affects the performance / safety of plant or equipment.
- Champion industry best practices and promote the introduction of new technologies, where applicable.
- Ensure food safety culture and legislation and guidelines as well as company policies are adhered to.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to.
- Control and minimise waste and play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Ensure all completed work is safe and hygienic and complies with FSA and health and safety legislation.
- Ensure all work carried out complies with relevant health and safety standards,
- To have a duty of care to yourself and others.
- Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
- Drive own personal development through training and work-based experience.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope of the post.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
Essential Experience & Qualities
- Mushroom picking experience.
- Previous experience at a supervisory level in Mushroom farm.
- Good communication skills & people management skills
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good basic IT & Numerical skills
Desirable Experience and Qualities
- Previous experience as a Harvesting Manager in mushroom industry.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Qualification
- Degree level Education
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Harvest Manager|
|Salary||£35,000 - £40,000 DOE|