We are currently seeking an experienced Head of Agronomy to join an established Fresh Produce business, who supply the UK retailers with an excellent standard of Soft Fruit products. The Head of Agronomy role offers a great opportunity to join a key player in the industry, and become an integral part of the UK Team.
The Head of Agronomy will be expected to do the following:
- Lead the team of agronomists and oversee our crop production bulletin.
- Responsible for the management of the Agronomy Support Team.
- Responsible for the management and performance of the company Laboratory
- Define strategy for the evolving requirements of the Agronomy Team, Agronomy Support Team and laboratory providing scientific support to our growers.
- Oversee the supply of high quality plant material to their growers in conjunction with their nursery supply arrangements and partners.
- Horizon scan crop production developments and assess how new technologies should are best introduced to their grower members.
- Represent the Agronomy Team on their Grower Research Advisory Panel.
- Provide information and assistance to the Head of Planning to influence the group’s overall production strategy and forecasts. Where required, provide assistance to the planning process to individual growers plans to ensure that our production and market demands are aligned.
- Design and manage our programme of educational visits, farm walks and knowledge exchange activities to ensure that our growers are well informed.
- Manage the regional and crop benchmarking groups in order to and promote best practice and continuous improvement by the companies growers.
We would expect the Head of Agronomy to have at least 7 years in a similar role with a background in Fresh Produce / Fruit. The Head of Agronomy would have BASIS & FACTS certifications
A full driving license is essential, due to travel to growers / farms.
Please contact Georgina or Frank on +44 (0) 1273 720 599 or Frank on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to email@example.com (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
|Job Category||Agronomist, Agronomy|
|Salary||Competitive + Benefits|