JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Head of Supply Chain & Logistics
Hong Kong, China
Head of Logsitics, Head of Supply Chain, Logistics, Logistics Manager, Supply Chain
A successful retailer with a considerable footprint in the Hong Kong now have a fabulous opportunity to join as the Head of Supply Chain and Logistics…
Responsible for all the Supply Chain and Logistic Operations and Projects for warehouse, transport, replenishment, export and systems
- Maintain the summary and detail implementation planning and action list of the projects.
- Ensure that regular follow-up is done on projects and share periodically to persons involved including management.
- Secure the proper documentation for all projects implemented (business study, PAR, Procedures, training, timeline, budget follow-up,…)
- Guarantee that projects implemented respect the company security, audit and safety policies.
- Guarantee the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Logistics are updated following any business changes and shared to all concerned parties.
- Ensure appropriate KPI are used to track the performance of the projects before, during and after the project implementation.
- Guarantee that projects are delivered on-time as per agreed plan.
- Guarantee that projects are implemented without negative impact to the business.
- Guarantee the confidentiality of Logistics projects whenever required including company data.
- Keep good / fair working relations with logistics providers and suppliers.
- Inform the hierarchy of the market, rules and regulations evolutions.
- Be a role model and ensure the application of corporate policies and guarantee the implementation of all laws , regulations and cultural practices of the operating countries are followed and respected
- Practices the company values and guarantees the same is respected and followed by the department team members
- Responsible for the Performance Management of the team
- setting particular objectives for the direct reports – once a year – which are in-line with the company and department targets
- carrying out performance analysis with regular feedback to direct reports and ensuring that this is further deployed within the team
- Identify employees with high potential, growth and proposes further development
- Identify and recommend training needs for the team and follow up on the implementation (TNA)
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Promotes and practise communication and participatory management within the team;
- Responsible of the logistics project for specific or cross functional departments (transport, operation, replenishment, import/export, digital).
- Implement projects to reduce lead time to customers (store or customers) from DC, stores or suppliers.
- Propose and implement projects to increase productivity, performance and effectiveness of the operations to reduce distribution costs.
- Propose and implement projects to increase the capacity of the logistics to treat more volumes, more orders.
- Lead the deployment of continuous improvements actions, lean and 5S methods in all logistics physical, systems, informational activities.
- Propose and implement evolutions/solutions to support the company expansion by integrating latest logistics technologies.
- Support the Merchandise and Store to provide solutions and improvements on current logistics activities.
- Participate in the exchange of experience and knowledge between the stores and the Head Office.
- Lead the yearly Supply Chain Stores Satisfaction survey
- Stay informed about the competitions logistics evolutions and informs the hierarchy.
- Contribute to the Logistics strategy implementation.
- Provide the yearly budget of Logistics projects including IT projects related to Logistics.
- Respect the finance supply chain procedures in accordance with the DOA;
- Follow and guarantee the respect of the projects costs according to the budget by taking the required measures in case of gaps.
- Propose and implements projects to reduce the waste, the admin shrinkage, the stock levels or increase the logistics rebates.
- Benchmark logistics solutions (cost, expertise, functionalities, …) and propose alternative to Management with the conduct of tenders.
- Report any information that might affect the results of the company (cost, margin, stock,…)
- Verbal and writing communication skills for the change management of projects.
- Proven deep expertise on retail logistics operations, systems and financials flows.
- Proven deep expertise on warehouse management system best practices knowledge.
- Experience on Export (From Asia) /Import, replenishment, transport and sourcing flows from China
- Project management skills with MS Project know-how
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Master Diploma in Supply Chain or Logistics from University or Engineer school
- Min 10 years professional experience
- Logistics operations for Retail Stores Hyper/Super within a Logistics Provider or a Retailer
- English (Full professional proficiency – Required)
Please contact Frank Kinsella on +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.
For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at email@example.com
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F1101