JOBS IN THE FRESH PRODUCE INDUSTRY
We are the premier recruitment agency for fresh produce jobs UK and Worldwide.
Logistics & Warehouse Operations Manager
Logistics, Logistics Coordinator, Logistics Manager, Operations, Operations Manager, Transport, Transport Manager, Warehouse, Warehouse Manager
Logistics & Warehouse Operations Manager
Our client is one of the foremost and respected Transport and Warehouse operations in the UK. They are involved in storage and distribution of mainly Fresh Produce under a strict multi temperature regime. This is a dual site operation but the main location for you will be Kent.
This is a new role and joins and consolidates the Warehouse and Logistics teams under your management, ensuring effective direction and Operational control. Our client has already successfully developed their teams and processes to be a highly effective force in their own right.
Your task will be to lead and bring these teams together to achieve greater synergies and consequently wins in efficiencies and productivity.
It is expected that your background will show a track record of strategic insight with the leadership and gravitas to convert plans to pragmatic solutions and bring on-board peers and stakeholders alike. So, this role will draw on your industry experience and of LEAN and Continuous Improvement practices to bring your Teams to Best in Class status.
This is an exciting opportunity for a career minded individual who enjoys the challenge of working in a fast pace environment.
- Reporting to the General Manager.
- Ensure effective communication throughout the operational leadership team, communicating planned requirements providing information on performance.
- Ensure that a best in class safety performance is delivered through a behavioural based safety culture.
- Build and implement an effective employee engagement strategy, resulting in a highly engaged and motivated workforce.
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs.
- To ensure the department provides a quality first class service to each customer.
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the operator’s license.
- Ensure the operation is fully compliant with legislation and company tachograph policy were applicable and the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensuring financial performance is within budget.
- Develop a talented team and create robust succession plans for current and future key roles
- To participate in commercial reviews with the Senior Management Team, Company Finance teams.
- Proven experience of working within a fast pace logistics environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to operate at multiple levels and establish effective communication channels in both customer organisations and internal.
- Experience using LEAN & Continuous Improvement practices
- Robust influencing and negotiation skills – proven to deliver successful change in complex customer operational environments.
- Experienced in developing and deepening customer relationships, resulting in improved commercial performance and growth delivery.
- Strong Managerial experience is essential – Proven People management skills
- Ideally, multi-site operational management experience
- You would have had people report into you in your previous role
- Proven communication skills are essential – It is important in this role to be able to develop strong relationships with other departments and customers.
- You will be inquisitive, innovative and deliver an exceptional service to the customer. Excellent commercial acumen – understand the dynamics of both open/ closed book operations
- Excellent Computer Literacy
- A CPC holder. (National & International)
- Able to manage conflict and tough conversations including complex IR issues.
- The business operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 7734 861 080 or +44 (0) 1273 720 599 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (*not co.uk or com) and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company.For more information please call us on 01273 720599 or email us at email@example.com
If interested, please contact us and quote the reference F1256