A exciting position has come up in a leading Fresh Produce company in Kent. They are looking for a Packaging professional to join their team as their Packaging Supervisor or Packaging Manager , depending on your previous experience.
This role assists the Head of Packaging in leading the day to day duties of the Packaging & Stocks function within the business, ensuring systems and processes are followed to maximise productivity, quality and innovation. Ultimately responsible for the staff working in their area, Health and Safety, food safety, legality and quality for goods produced from their area, overall performance and profitability.
Main Duties and Key Areas of Responsibility:
- To ensure stock levels are in line with requirements, monitoring usage against customer forecasts, manage ordering processes for all packaging material, stationery, pallets, crates and ancillaries.
- To manage and assist appropriate stock holding levels are in line with Senior Management expectations and within given parameters.
- Weekly forecasts from Marketing desks are collated and sent out to Senior Management, packaging levels are monitored from this report.
- To ensure the live stock system is accurate and all staff trained on how to book packaging in and out of the system. Make necessary changes to the system to show relevant information, and the SOP’s reflect the changes.
- To lead packaging stock team and train appropriate staff on the box erector to ensure this runs efficiently with a minimum changeover/downtime.
- To ensure accurate costing for all different SKU’s are updated and given to the admin team in a timely manner.
- To work as an effective team, covering each other when necessary ensuring full flexibility in the department, Data guard and all systems are updated in a time critical manner.
- Analysis of forecasts, liaise with planning in conjunction with packaging stocks and variants require to ensure materials are available to meet demand.
- This is not an exhaustive list and will change with business growth, changes, requiring flexibility to support business goals and any other reasonable requests deemed necessary for the needs of the business
- Training and SOP’S are updated, trained out to the staff and maintained to BRC/Customer standards.
- To cover the Head of Packaging as and when required.
- Controls of daily hours.
- Weekly Forecasts are analysed to ensure appropriate levels of packaging are ordered.
- Converse daily with the Planning department to ensure packaging is available, any potential shortages are notified to the Senior Management Team
- Enthusiasm, self-confidence and self-motivation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and be pro-active.
- Flexible approach to tasks undertaken.
- Wants to learn
Skills & Experience
- Experience working in a Packaging Supervisor or Manager role
- Experience in FMCG, Fresh produce or similar
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent level of English and Maths
- Excellent IT Skills
- Previous managerial experience working within a similar role within the fruit industry
- Forklift License
Hours: – 48 hours per week on a 5 from 7 shift pattern Tuesday to Saturday
Salary £30,400 + overtime paid weekly
( Salary offered Circa £35,000 – £38,000 for Managerial role – Must have proven managerial experience in a Packaging role)
Please contact Frank or Georgina +44 (0) 1273 720599 or +44 (0)7734 861 080 to discuss the role and your experience. Or if you feel you have the above experience, please send over a CV and we will get back to you with some feedback and more information about the role and the company
|Job Category||Packaging, Packaging Manager, Packaging Supervisor|
|Salary||Circa £30-£35,000 DOE|